• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Holiday Notification with Voicemail functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvin_XIII

Customer
Reaction score
Hello,
Our customers are looking for a way of using a holiday prompt with the option of speaking on a voicemail. Now I can set up all of this in a Call Flow. However if I do that I need to get the recording from the customers every time they want to change it.
Ideally I would like to have a way for them to record the message, either in the web interface or by dialling a number, and the Call Flow I write for the Voicemail automatically accesses that recording. Is there a way of doing this? do you have other suggestions how to implement such a solution?

Thanks in advance

Hello @Melvin_XIII,

You can easily do this using 2 callflow:
1) A first callflow will let your customer to record a prompt. The customer would need to call this CFD app extension, record the new message, and then the callflow will save the recording as a WAV file, using a NEW wav file name. It is important to use a new file name, because WAV files are cached, so if you override a file, the changes will not be effective until you restart the 3CX Queue Manager service.
2) A second callflow is the app you currently have. But instead of playing a static prompt, you play it using the Dynamic Audio File prompt. Here you can select the new WAV file every time you find a new file.

Kind regards

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. That was one of the solutions I thought might work. However I have just looked at the playback options I can select in the Call Flow Designer. I presume I select <Dynamic Audio File Prompt>. But what do I write in the <Audio File Expression> field? It'll have to link to the path where the file is at and look for the newest file. How do I go about doing that? Are there any resources to look at?

Thanks for your help

You need to use an expression that returns the path of the audio file to play. For example:
"C:\\AudioFolder\\MyAudio.wav"
or
"/usr/local/audiofolder/myaudio.wav"

How you determine the file name is another matter. Maybe the first callflow can delete the old file when it creates the new file. And then you can use a C# script in the second callflow to check the name of the file in a specific folder. Or you can save the file name in a database in the first callflow, and the second callflow reads the file name from the database. The options you have are endless... You need to define how you want to do it.

Thank you. I will give this a try and post my results here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.