• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Group / Queue Name *NOT* prepending itself correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam JC

Reaction score
Good morning, I've got a client who's on 3CX/Debian with some Ring Group(s) and we've just got them an IVR up and running.

I've done this a million times before, but for some reason in this case, the queue name 'Sales' isn't being prepended to the incoming CallerID no matter what option I tick in the 'contacts' page. I've tried Ring Groups *AND* Queues, neither are prepending the relevent information.

I'm using a Yealink T56A on the absolute latest and greatest firmware, but also have a bunch of T48G handsets doing exactly the same.

Site note... As a 3CX partner, not particularly happy that I now have to pay for support tickets.. unbelivable...

Hello @Adam JC

Can you describe the call flow the calls are following ? For example: trunk --> Inbound rule ---> IVR---> Queue ---> agent. Also what PBX version are you running? You can see the exact build number on the Dashboard, under the Information column next to the licence version. For example 15.5.15502.6.

Hi Yiannis, I've actually set up several DDI's just to test this, but here's my test scenario:

Inbound Rule for DDI (01XXXXXXXX5) > Ring Group called 'Test' with extension 105 Added. (Yealink T56A for arguments sake).

License is Professional Annual 15.5.15502.6 - as I say, latest firmware on handset as well as latest 3CX version running on there. Extension is direct SIP via STUN, not sure if this makes any difference although it didn't work with the phones directly attached, nor via SBC either.

Are the callers present in the phonebook of the phones by any chance or do you get this issue with all calls? Also are you using the default template?

Hi Yiannis, we are using the default template and it makes no odds whether I withold the number to prevent any caller ID working or whether I leave it intact. Thanks in advance :)

In that case you will to go see what is being sent by the PBX to the phone to locate where this is failing. For this you will need to capture a call using wireshark and check the Invite message from the provider to the PBX and from the PBX to the phone. If the Ring group name is included in the Invite then the phone is ignoring it for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.