• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Question about SSL with 3CX hosted domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkinyyz

Reaction score
Hello!

If I install 3CX manually on Debian running on a DigitalOcean server, am I able to still select a hosted 3CX domain vs using our own? And if so, does that automatically set up SSL? I was wanting to use our own domain but then saw online that it seems harder to use Let's Encrypt and I'd need to use my own SSL which isn't really worth it. Right now we used the PBX Express to install on AWS but I'm looking to move it to DigitalOcean as a new install but would need to install manually since no auto option for that. Just curious if it will give me the option to use a 3CX domain and if that sets up the SSL or if I'm better to leave it alone on AWS. Thanks!

Thanks. Costwise AWS is cheaper than DigitalOcean but I just wanted all my services with the same provider now so was looking to move it there, but I'll probably just keep it on AWS then.

Nothing wrong with that from a management perspective but ideally the only way should should need to access your 3CX install is via the web interface. I personally haven't used Digital Ocean for anything but they seem to be decent and pretty popular so there really is no wrong choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.