• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Unable to successfully place call from one client to another..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacpac

Forum User
Reaction score
Hi, I am unable to place a call from one client (iPad with 3CX app) connected to wi-fi, ext 201, to another client (iPhone with 3cx app), ext 200, connected to the cellular network. The iPhone rings, when I answer, I hear nothing and the client on the iPad continues to ring. Using 3CX v 15.5. I see this in the activity log:

11/17/2018 8:47:01 AM - [CM503003]: Call(C:19): Call to <sip:[email protected]:5060> has failed; Cause: 487 Request Terminated/INVITE from 127.0.0.1:5483

11/17/2018 8:47:09 AM - Call to T:Extn:200@[Dev:local] from L:19.1[Extn:201] failed, cause: Cause: BYE from 127.0.0.1:5080

The firewall checker is OK. When I initiate the call from the iPhone (still on the cellular network) to the iPad (still on the wi-fi network), all is fine. But, the other way, no luck. Also, when both clients are on the same wi-fi, calls both ways are fine.

Ideas?

Hi again, I believe I have found the problem. I am in the UK, the SIM in my iPhone is a contract SIM from EE. However, when I try a prepaid SIM from Three in the iPhone, I can receive the call just fine. Also, when I put in a prepaid SIM from EE, the call is coming in just fine. So, the problem appear to be with the contract SIM from EE. Any thoughts on some specifics to say to EE to get their SIM fixed?

After talking with EE, the contract SIM is not working properly with a VoIP client, something to do with their port forwarding policy or wi-fi calling feature (or, they suggested; might try to replace the SIM card). However, prepaid EE SIM works just fine. Anything I can do on the 3CX side to get it to work? Anyone know if an EE contract SIM works with 3CX on their end?

is the phone using the Tunnel to connect?
extensions -> options -> uncheck "block remote tunnel"

this is the default on new installs - but if upgraded from older version it may be checked.

Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 8.22.38 AM.png

Just looked, 'Block Remote Tunnel Connections (3CX Client connections with Tunnel enabled & SBC will be blocked)' is unchecked on the extension. 'Disallow use...' is also unchecked.

Last edited:
so i would check the "disallow use" box which should force Tunnel mode.
send a new invite to the device. reregister, try again.
not sure if current setup is registering on port 5060 or 5090.

Just tried, same issue when on the cellular network. The PBX port is 5060 and 3CX tunnel is on 5090. My workaround for the moment is to send all calls made to my extension to my mobile number....

It was worth a shot... sorry it didn't work out. Good luck.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with EE now offering VoIP service over their network, although that should only connect when on wifi. I would ask EE directly why it's not working, what the difference between the two SIMs is. I have to assume that the local port you have chosen (5060?) is not getting "traffic". Why the tunnel doesn't work, is a bit of a puzzle. It is usually my second resort before having to use to VPN.

Thanks, I was on with EE again. They say it is a glitch on their network, related to SIP on 5060. They say it should be solved in 3-4 days. Let's see.....

Hello @pacpac

I am afraid that since you are facing the same issues with the tunnel enabled i cannot think of anything else to try from the 3CX side. Let us know if the issue is fixed from the providers side.

Hi, after a bit looking around, it appears the SIM card I have on EE is only giving the phone IPv6 DNS addresses, no IPv4. I can get the calls through fine on any SIM provisioning IPv4 only or both IPv4 and 6. Could this be the issue? If so, how can I get 3cx to work fine with a IPv6 only SIM?

Hi again, I believe I solved the issue. Since the SIM card do not provide IPv4, but only IPv6, on the 3CX extension settings -> phone provisioning I set the server's IPv6 under 'Network interface for registration and provisioning'. From there I manually configured the 'External PBX IP in the 3cx iOS account setting to that IPv6 address. Now, I receive incoming calls on the extension.

I did a couple of DNS changes also, not sure if those changes contributed to solving the issue; I set the server's IPv6 as a AAAA record to my server initial FQDN and the nameservers in the VPS host settings re IPv6.

Reactions: datadunn
I tried this solution and I still have the same issue. Any update from EE anyone?

Since it seems that several people are facing the same issue i will need some information to identify if we are talking about one issue or multiple and what that issue is.
Below you will find a list of required information. Please copy and paste the info in your answer along with your answer so we can easily sort the data which will help us to identify the issue.

Carrier:
Carrier plan (pay monthly, pay as you go, etc...):
Affected Client (iOS, Android, Both):
Version of client:
Version of OS:
Affected calls(Inbound or Outbound):
Are you able to register the client?:
Can you receive calls if the client is open and registered?:
Additional notes:

Carrier: EE Networks UK
Carrier plan (pay monthly, pay as you go, etc...): pay monthly
Affected Client (iOS, Android, Both): Android
Version of client: 15.5.400.856
Version of OS: 6.0, 8.0, 8.1 and 9.0
Affected calls(Inbound or Outbound): Inbound
Are you able to register the client?: Yes
Can you receive calls if the client is open and registered?: Yes. Call shows but you are unable to answer it. If you try to answer it, it keeps ringing for the caller and disappears on the client
Additional notes: I have confirmed that the issue followed the SIM regardless of the phone, client or extension number. The issue does not happen on the same phone if it is on WiFi. Changing the phone to use the IPv4 only APN resolves the issue.

Carrier: EE UK
Carrier plan (pay monthly, pay as you go, etc...): Monthly
Affected Client (iOS, Android, Both): iOS
Version of client: 15.5.18.472
Version of OS: 12.1.1
Affected calls(Inbound or Outbound): Inbound (calls are received but go dead when answered)
Can you receive calls if the client is open and registered?: Yes but goes dead when answered
Additional notes: Affected iOS phones work on an o2 UK SIM Card and Android work on EE SIM Card.

Carrier: EE(UK) 4G

Carrier plan (pay monthly, pay as you go, etc...): 3 EE users affected. One EE user unaffected. All on pay monthly.

Affected Client (iOS, Android, Both): All users are on Android

Version of client: My client is v15.5.400.856, unsure about others.

Version of OS: My phone runs Android 8.0.0 security patch level 1st November 2018, unsure about others.

Affected calls(Inbound or Outbound): Inbound pushed calls and inbound "client-open" calls are affected. Outbound calls are unaffected.

Can you receive calls if the client is open and registered?: No. Attempt to answer the incoming call with the green answer button, and the call disappears from the screen. The caller (via IVR) continues to hear hold music.

Additional notes: The main stumbling block appears to be the corrupt SIP packet with missing brackets around the IPv6 address as evidenced by an error in the 3CXTunnel logfile:

17:00:57.962|7fcbb4142700|Error|/home/repomaster/workspace/15.5SP6/SPBuild/Sources/Projects/Tunnel/SipCore/SipPacket.cpp(41): Malformed SIP packet: size=1078:
SIP/2.0 200 OK
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 64:ff9b::1234:5678:5090;rport;branch=3cxtnl-iPhoneTID-1
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 127.0.0.1:5060;rport=5060;received=64:ff9b::1234:5678;branch=z9hG4bK-524287-1---59a30d5a276ab84d

... possibly caused by missing [ and ] brackets around the IPv6 address in the Via header.

The one unaffected EE user had not yet been migrated to EE IPv6.
All users work when changing the APN to IPv4-only, this is not a long term solution.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5118#section-4.5 is a relevant reference document. It seems to suggest that implementations should be liberal, and shouldn't care about missing [ and ] delimiters.

Seems that you are all facing the same issue so we will need some logs to further investigate the issue.
From the PBX side we will need the PBX logs in verbose logging level.
To do so:
Navigate to Dashboard / Activity log / Settings and set the logging level to verbose. Restart all PBX services to apply the change.
From the client side we will need the client logs.
For iOS after the issue is replicated you can access the PBX logs by navigating to the Files app on the device / Local Device and locate the 3CX folder. We will need the sys and sys.backup files.
For Android navigate through the 3CX client to Settings / Advanced / Send Log report.

After setting the PBX to verbose replicate the issue. Once the issue is replicated generate the support info of the PBX of the PBX by navigating to the top right corner of the management console / Support / Generate Support info.
From the clients get the mentioned files. Once you have everything upload them to a web sharing service and send me the download link in a personal message.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.