• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx remote Stun Provisioning for Grandstream GXP 2170

Status
Not open for further replies.

GVK2018

Reaction score
I have followed the guide to remotely provision the Grandstream GXP 2170 phone but i am unable to get the pop-up window to enter user ID and Voicemail PIN(Password) on phone. The goal is to have end users to input those credentials whereever the phone gets sent. I have tried factory reset the phone, install latest firmware but nothing seems to work.

For test sake i manually provisioned the phone and it seems to work. Puzzled by the strange behavior of phone want to check if anyone can help.

In the event log do you see 'RPS request *** delivered successfully' after adding the phone into 3CX

Also be aware you need port 5001 open up on the firewall, (nat to your 3CX server)

Yes, the Packet is sent. I was able to provision manually and on other phone(as a test different hand set) with Remote Stun provisioning.

I did a factory reset, reapplied the firmware update and now i can see the pop-up window for credentials.

The phone needs to be in a factory reset state in order to contact the RPS server and prompt you for credentials. If it is not it will skip the check. Glad to see you got it working however.

Hi guys, I followed the steps above and do get the user and pass prompt. I enter the proper extension and voicemail PIN. The phone reboots and pulls my extension in red only. So I reboot the phone again and it does the same thing then pulls the BLF list of our users with ?s. I check and the account it is not registered? Is there an extra step somewhere?
Thanks

Did you uncheck the box 'Disallow use outside of LAN'?

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Thanks for your help but that is unchecked :/

I had the same issues with my GrandStreams GXP2170 in STUN mode.
Shipped directly to remote location (no SBC server). They plugged their phones, and had to wait about 10 to 15 minutes before the prompt showed up with extension / password on their phones.

We have tried everything. We may have to return this phone. It seems to pull all the extension BLF etc but the Line remains RED and ?s on all the BLFS.
We have hours into this phone, we even tried another custom 2170 template same results.

We have a few 2140s and they went in no issue puzzling

Hi guys, I followed the steps above and do get the user and pass prompt. I enter the proper extension and voicemail PIN. The phone reboots and pulls my extension in red only. So I reboot the phone again and it does the same thing then pulls the BLF list of our users with ?s. I check and the account it is not registered? Is there an extra step somewhere?
Thanks

Have you looked in the Phones WebGui to see if it missed anything?

Yep. So today I grabbed a 2160 new as a test. Same results. I don't get it. Last week we grabbed a DP740 cordless and no issue, it registered the first time.

Just to be clear. It it provisioning correctly (pulling all the configuration information, BLFs AND SIP account information) but just failing to register?

Exactly
To me for it to pull the BLFS and other extensions etc means it was able to pull the config. However it will tell you its not registered and everything will have ?s. And the lines are RED.

Exactly
To me for it to pull the BLFS and other extensions etc means it was able to pull the config. However it will tell you its not registered and everything will have ?s. And the lines are RED.

Have you done a wireshark to see the traffic and the code on denial?

Since the phone is able to pull the configuration then i will agree with @craigreilly that will need wireshark to see the registration messaging between the phone and the phone system.

In progress guys thanks for all of your help!
Will report back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norb.p
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.