• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Welcome email not sent to some extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash99

Reaction score
We are using office365 smtp to send email from 3CX

For some extensions Welcome email arrives normally for others the emails are not arriving or not sent

Office365 Message Trace Results for the people that are not receiving Welcome email don't show anything from 3CX

We cant see any pattern/difference between the people who do recive the Welcome email and these who dont

Hello @Flash99

Are the extensions that do not receive the welcome emails always the same? Does the SMTP test succeed? Are all the users emails under the same domain?

Yes extensions are always the same.
It would never send to a specif extensions and on the other hand it will always send to the one's that work ok.
All users under the same domain
SMTP test works fine
Extensions that don't receive Welcome email DO receive voicemail notifications to email.

Can you try the 3CX SMTP service as a test to see if that works? Do not try this if you are running a standard licence as you will not be able to revert back to Office365

We are using Professional licence
Would I be able to revert back to Office365 ?

Since you are using a professional licence you will be able to revert back. Give the 3CX SMTP a try and let us know of the results

Same issue with 3CX SMTP
Extension that was able to receive Welcome email before recived it via 3CX SMTP too
Extension that had problem receiving Welcome email didn't receive via 3CX SMTP

@Flash99

On the latest update? Didn't see the version mentioned anywhere.

Yes latest update

@craigreilly I don't think so because the OP mentioned using 3CX SMTP is having the same issue and I haven't similar complaints. Everyone who had problems with O365 and Conference Emails says it works with 3CX SMTP. It seems to be something specific with either the extension or the specific email address.

@Flash99

I would try creating a brand new dummy extension and use one of the email addresses that isn't working and see if that works to rule out a corrupted extension. Another test would be to do a packet capture and see if 3CX even tries a SMTP connection at all when you trigger a welcome email to one of the problematic emails. Then you'll know if its something in 3CX barfing, possibly when parsing the email address.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
ahh - true dat!
I agree with your suggestion - create another extension... possibly something in an update mangled it up.

It is either the 3CX phone system not being able to send the email to the specific email addresses or the receiving side rejecting the email. You will need to test both in order to determine the cause of the issue.

It is either the 3CX phone system not being able to send the email to the specific email addresses or the receiving side rejecting the email. You will need to test both in order to determine the cause of the issue.

As I mentioned before 3CX is able to send voicemail notifications to the same extensions.
I left a message to one of these extensions and voicemail notification arrived, at the same time I sent a Welcome email to the same extension and it didnt arrive.
Also our email server dosn't show Welcome emails coming to these extensions (rejected or not rejected it simply dosnt reach the email server)
We also tested with 3CX email server instead of ours with same results
So as far as I understand its not an email problem. Its some sort of issue with 3CX that simply dont send these Welcome emails to these extensions.

Perhaps an issue with a character in one of the password fields?
Did you try to create a new extension and use the same email address?

Passwords are 3CX generated
Also why would a password make any problem with Welcome email?
This is also not the solution we are looking for because we dont want to start recreating a couple of hundred extensions

"Passwords are 3CX generated
Also why would a password make any problem with Welcome email?"
Sometimes encoding of emails can fail... this can be due to a number of factors.

Just recreate 1 to see if it works. If it does work, then we can go from there.

New extensions with email that couldn't get - still not getting
New extensions with email that usually receives - not getting
Welcome email again to extension that usually receives - receives

In that case i would recommend creating a ticket with our support department so they can look into the PBX logs and see where the issue is coming from.

Reactions: craigreilly
In that case i would recommend creating a ticket with our support department so they can look into the PBX logs and see where the issue is coming from.

Sorry for silly question, but how do I create a ticket ?
If I try to create a ticket I get this message "You have no tickets available. Please, [Buy]" and we do have active maintenance subscription

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.