• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Nico!

Titanium Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
This is a very recurrent request from our customers who would like to have visual feedback on their phone to know the current status of their extension.
Of course they understand that they have to set up their call forwarding via the webclient but it is hard to make them understand that they cannot know the current status of their extension directly on their phone. (yealink most of the time).

Example of desired behavior:
the user presses his "available" status key.
The status LED on the key lights up and still.
The same goes for the other profiles.

I have already bypassed the problem for the visual feedback of the day-night parameter thanks to a user of the forum. But doing it for status in an installation with more than 100 phones is really painful.

I hope I'm not the only one facing this problem.

edit:
Or maybe in a simplier way, a variable change for the "account.1.label" (on yealink)

Last edited:
Upvote 5
How did you resolve the visual indicator for day / night mode?

Look your MP ;)

My Grandstream phones show "DO NOT DISTURB" when it that mode... set from Softphone or Deskphone (using *3x). In "AWAY" mode or "AVAILABLE" it does not show anything specific.

file-12.jpg

Yes, you re right.

With Yealink the DND function is sync with the 3CX too. (at least when you activate it from the yealink) But one synced profile is not really enough for customers coming from traditionnal PBX like
Mitel, Unify, Panasonic, Avaya (i work in Switzerland, don't know for other countries).

I always put the webclient or the heavy client in front line, but sometimes they just want to have a deskphone to make and receive calls and activate the CFD, etc as they have been doing for 20 years.
Often i have customer who doesn't even have a PC next to the phone.

Of course we always find a way to make it work, but that's not very comfortable for the users.
I think this is something that really missing from 3CX.
In my dreams, end users can configure profiles directly from their phones but I think it's very unlikely to happen. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: craigreilly

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.