• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Google VPN Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhys Haskell

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an issue with an IPSec VPN I have set up for 3CX. I have set up the tunnel and this is now online and working. I can ping the google cloud server from my router and can ping my router from the Google cloud server so all is working in that respect. However, the phones won't provision on 3CX. Does anybody know if I need to add any routes so the phone knows where to look?

Thanks,
Rhys

Phones will route traffic on your network configuration .

Routes are setup on the router.

If you plug a computer into your router lan network, can you ping the 3cx cloud server. If not then you need to look at your vpn setup and see what IP address are being routed

You need to configure your phones being on the lan ,

You may need to use dhcp option 66 to point to the 3cx server https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/dhcp-option-66/?fireglass_rsn=true

As you have been testing, check the 3cx blacklist to see if any ip’s have been blacklisted

Check the activity log, to see any traffic reaching the 3cx server

What phones are you trying to provision.

Last edited:
In your VPN setup you should have already defined the remote subnet so your router should already have the routes in place. You don't mention having tested the basics as @Saqqara mentioned as far as testing whether something behind your router can ping the 3CX instance or not so you would test/resolve that first before trying to provision a phone.

In your VPN setup you should have already defined the remote subnet so your router should already have the routes in place. You don't mention having tested the basics as @Saqqara mentioned as far as testing whether something behind your router can ping the 3CX instance or not so you would test/resolve that first before trying to provision a phone.

I can ping the 3cx server from my local network, and the local network from the server. Just no phones show in the "Phones" tab. I have tried to provision one manually and get "Register Failed".

Ok so that's more information that we had originally. The phones aren't going to show up on the server because PnP depends on multicast and most routers aren't going to forward multicast announcements. In this configuration DHCP option 66 is probably the best way to provision the phones:

https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/dhcp-option-66/

Hello @Rhys Haskell

What phones are you using? You could try manually adding the local provisioning link in one of the phones to see if that works. Also try a 3CX client and see if that works if you remove the out of office location from the account settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.