• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

One-to-many alert Ring Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwbah

New User
Reaction score
I need to have the ability of dialing an extension which will dial multiple participants into a conference call. I currently have a ring group set up, but when the first person in the group picks up the rest of the group stops ringing (as you would normally expect a call group to work).

However, I have two groups the are used for emergency alerts and first aid. Alert group is 20 extensions and the First Aid group is 10 extensions. (I don't need to call both groups at the same time). I need each extension to automatically join a conference call as it is answered. In an emergency situation, the last thing that a caller will be thinking about is setting up a conference room for everyone to dial into, and besides that how would they even know to call in.

Anyone have any 3CX tricks up your sleeve? 3CX v15.5 Pro 32

I think you probably want to create (or have someone create for you) an app that would let you press a button and it would dynamically create a conference and then invite the participants (the same process as if you manually created a conference in the 3CX client and added participants). I'd talk to @voiptoys about that unless you have in-house programming resources.

I can't think of a way to get that to work without some sort of add-on. It is a very specific function, I don't even recall seeing anything off-the-shelf in an older analogue PBX. (Actually, in the DMS Centrex world, they allow you to create a 6 port conference, so you, and 5 additional members, but that's it.) Not only are you requiring that it call a series of number, it must then add them into a conference while continuing to call additional numbers (automatically?), not to mention reaching voicemail, busy lines, etc.

Someone may have some sort of solution used for emergency notifications of a group.

Last edited:
I can't think of a way to get that to work without some sort of add-on. It is a very specific function, I don't even recall seeing anything off-the-shelf in an older analogue PBX. Not only are you requiring that it call a series of number, it must then add them into a conference while continuing to call additional numbers, not to mention reaching voicemail, busy lines, etc.

Someone may have some sort of solution used for emergency notifications of a group.

leejor, glad to know that I haven't been banging my head against the wall trying to figure something out if it was sitting in a 3CX manual somewhere. Thanks for your feedback.

I think you probably want to create (or have someone create for you) an app that would let you press a button and it would dynamically create a conference and then invite the participants (the same process as if you manually created a conference in the 3CX client and added participants). I'd talk to @voiptoys about that unless you have in-house programming resources.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll have to check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.