• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Inbound Rule Wildcards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Turner

Free User
Reaction score
Hi

I am starting out on my journey with the 3CX platform but i have experience with Cisco and Siemens PABX platforms. what I am wondering is if I am able to create a wildcard inbound rule so that it will match several of the digits from the inbound string to the extensions on the system

eg

extn on system

inbound rule

01234 66xxxx

is this possible? it something that i use on my other platforms for routing.

Thanks

As far as I'm aware, the wildcards are used on the left side (beginning of number) to compensate for any provider added prefixes. I suspect that you will have to create a rule for each number. Usually people employ DIDs to be able to direct each to a specific destination.

Thanks. Can I import DIDs with a csv. That would make it a little easier. I’m considering whether this is a viable option for 2000+ company

I do not see that option under the Extension Template. But the DID's can be imported as well.
Easy to do with some Excel Formulas.

You would import DIDs under Inbound rules

Hello @Rob Turner

You will need to import Inbound rules which will also import the DIDs under the correct trunk. Create one manually and export it to see the correct format. After that you can create a file to import the rest.

Thanks for the help :)

Glad we could assist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.