• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Incoming calls are not routed to their extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perino

Forum User
Reaction score
Hello,

we are working with 3CX since two months and are really satisfied. Since a few days, incoming calls with extension, are not routed to their extension anymore. They are going all to the 000 extension, which is our main (Secretary) extension.

What could be the problem, that incoming calls e.g. XXXXXXXXX-XXX are not directly transfered to their extension?

Thanks, Perino

These are DID numbers? Digital Receptionist transferred calls? What does the Activity Log show for one of the calls?

Hi there,

go to Inbound Rules

your inbound rules are matched starting from the top down.

I would put the DID to EXT rules above your generic rules.

Callers that transfer out of voicemail or other menus will be transferred to the operator extension as defined from Settings > PBX Settings.

Are they getting to the EXT Voicemail and pressing any old button?

Hi there,

go to Inbound Rules

your inbound rules are matched starting from the top down.

I would put the DID to EXT rules above your generic rules.

Callers that transfer out of voicemail or other menus will be transferred to the operator extension as defined from Settings > PBX Settings.

Are they getting to the EXT Voicemail and pressing any old button?

I deleted all inboud rules. I also deleted the SIP trunk now.
Now, I added a new SIP trunk. Within the SIP trunk configuration I set at "Route calls to" => "Destination for calls during office hours" => Extension 000. This is also for "outside office hours".
Now there are also no inbound rules (as I know, there are no inbound rules necessary, to dial direct to the extensions).

All extensions are available, internal calls and outgoing calls are possible, Testcall *888 will also do.

Still all calls from external end up at the 000 Office extension.

These are DID numbers? Digital Receptionist transferred calls? What does the Activity Log show for one of the calls?

We have a SIP trunk to our provider, with one number. Extensions are managed from our side.

I set at "Route calls to" => "Destination for calls during office hours" => Extension 000.

This is why all calls are going to ext 000

Where are your inbound rules to say Number A goes to EXT 1? Number B goes to EXT 2?

If you have multiple DIDs on your SIP trunk you must specify a) the DIDs under the SIP trunks and b) inbound rules to match the DID

I deleted all inboud rules. I also deleted the SIP trunk now.
Now, I added a new SIP trunk. Within the SIP trunk configuration I set at "Route calls to" => "Destination for calls during office hours" => Extension 000. This is also for "outside office hours".
Now there are also no inbound rules (as I know, there are no inbound rules necessary, to dial direct to the extensions).

All extensions are available, internal calls and outgoing calls are possible, Testcall *888 will also do.

Still all calls from external end up at the 000 Office extension.
Please note that if there are no inbound rules in place all incoming calls will route to the main trunk number destination which in your case is "000".
You need to add Inbound rules for each DID to route the calls to individual extensions.
https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/inbound-did-call-routing/

Did you want all your EXT to ring at the same time? If so, you'd have to make a hunt group or a call queue and add your EXT in to the group/queue.

You only add in DID's if you have those additional numbers registered with your SIP Provider.

If you only have 1 number with your SIP provider then only that 1 number will come in via the SIP Trunk.

At the moment you have ALL CALLS TO SIP NUMBER going to EXT 000 which is 1 EXT not a group of extensions.

This is why all calls are going to ext 000

Where are your inbound rules to say Number A goes to EXT 1? Number B goes to EXT 2?

If you have multiple DIDs on your SIP trunk you must specify a) the DIDs under the SIP trunks and b) inbound rules to match the DID

We have only one telephone number transfered to 1 SIP trunk! Does that mean I have to add for each extension its own DID (full number + extension)?

Did you want all your EXT to ring at the same time? If so, you'd have to make a hunt group or a call queue and add your EXT in to the group/queue.

You only add in DID's if you have those additional numbers registered with your SIP Provider.

If you only have 1 number with your SIP provider then only that 1 number will come in via the SIP Trunk.

At the moment you have ALL CALLS TO SIP NUMBER going to EXT 000 which is 1 EXT not a group of extensions.

We have one number from our SIP Provider, lets say +491234567. Inside we have several extensions, lets say 210, 220, 230, 240. Icoming calls on +491234567-220 should ring on extension 220. Same with all other extensions.

You can only create inbound rules for DIDs if you've specified your DIDs under the SIP Trunk settings "DID" tab.

If you only have 1 number on your SIP Account then you only have 1 number to play with for inbound rules. At the moment you've got all incoming calls set to go to your 000 extension.

You keep mentioning DIDs for your extensions - You said you dont have anymore numbers other than your main SIP. so you cannot give DIDs to your EXT. They have purely their own EXT numbers <xxx>

If you want an incoming call to dial all your EXT at once then create a ring group and add all EXT to it.

Set your SIP trunk to send calls to the RING GROUP.

You can only create inbound rules for DIDs if you've specified your DIDs under the SIP Trunk settings "DID" tab.

If you only have 1 number on your SIP Account then you only have 1 number to play with for inbound rules. At the moment you've got all incoming calls set to go to your 000 extension.

You keep mentioning DIDs for your extensions - You said you dont have anymore numbers other than your main SIP. so you cannot give DIDs to your EXT. They have purely their own EXT numbers <xxx>

If you want an incoming call to dial all your EXT at once then create a ring group and add all EXT to it.

Set your SIP trunk to send calls to the RING GROUP.

I have one SIP trunk. From our provider one Main Telephonnumber. I dont want Ring Groups and I dont want IVR. We have number +491234567 this number and all digits behind are managed from the company itself. We also did that with our past telephone system.

So we can make xxxx internal own extensions (similar to mail domains, which are operated by companies itself). The provider sends all calls with +491234567XXX to our SIP trunk. Now I need that 3CX will forward XXX to the internal extension (e.g. 220).

Humour me

Go to SIP Trunks > Edit SIP > DID > Add DID

Add in <yournumber><anyExt> OK

Go to inbound rules > Create rule for DID <yournumber<ext> to go to > EXT

does that work?

Humour me

Go to SIP Trunks > Edit SIP > DID > Add DID

Add in <yournumber><anyExt> OK

Go to inbound rules > Create rule for DID <yournumber<ext> to go to > EXT

does that work?

Previously the system didn't except multiple inbound rules, because only one DID has been showing up, although I set multiple DIDs. After a restart of the system, it was possible to implement all DIDs and inbound rules again!

Thanks

Excellent.

Did you have to put in each DID from the SIP trunk and make an inbound rule per DID?

In 3CX to route the calls to extensions you need to use DIDs and Inbound rules. So if you add all the needed DIDs and inbound rules the calls should route to the correct extension.

Excellent.

Did you have to put in each DID from the SIP trunk and make an inbound rule per DID?

Yes, I have to put each DID in the SIP trunk and afterwards one inbound rule for each DID!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.