• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Locked out of 3CX Management Console and de-registered

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmore

Reaction score
I am considering switching our business phone system to a lower cost solution. I am in the process of evaluating systems. I installed 3CX, registered with the provided keys.

I registered with a sip provider and setup a trunk. I setup a couple of extensions and tried registering a phone. Shortly after that the 3CX management console turned some items red and told me there was some problem with the network registration (I forgot exact message). I logged out and tried to log back in but it has been giving me this message: "Login access denied. Too many incorrect login attempts. Try later or contact the Administrator."

I have not made any incorrect login attempts because my password is stored in Lastpass. I have not got to the point of making a phone call yet.

I tried to login with chrome and Firefox to https://customer.3cx.com and I am getting this error:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

I am evaluating 3CX because I though a commercial solution would be more reliable but not sure who thought it is a great idea that if the system thinks there is a problem with the registration/keys that the business's phone system should be shut down.

We have a main office (A) and 2 satellite offices (B and C) which are connected via VPN tunnels. All IP traffic is routed out through the main office. We have multiple public IPs. Traffic from office A goes out on public IP .101, from B it exits on .102 while the 3CX traffic exits on .103.

Is the issue related to the above? Anyone with any ideas? I wanted to see if a solution is possible before moving on to something else. I cannot install a system that may shutdown our phone system for no reason.

Hello @bmore

The first thing to do is to make sure all services are running on the 3CX machine. Then try to access the management console either from the machine the phone system is installed on or a different IP as you may be blacklisted. You may have been blacklisted because a device is trying to falsely authenticate to the phone system.
The 3CX phone system does not shut down if there is a licence related issue. Is the phone system installed on a dedicated machine? What OS are you using?

Hello @bmore

The first thing to do is to make sure all services are running on the 3CX machine. Then try to access the management console either from the machine the phone system is installed on or a different IP as you may be blacklisted. You may have been blacklisted because a device is trying to falsely authenticate to the phone system.
The 3CX phone system does not shut down if there is a licence related issue. Is the phone system installed on a dedicated machine? What OS are you using?

Thanks for the reply.

I was able to login to the management console from a different computer on our network. It appears to have blacklisted 2 computer ips on 2 different subnets. The activity log shows what appears to be the phone trying to login and it says the password is incorrect. How do I unblock the blacklisted ips?

3CX is simply protecting itself. To prevent this problem in the future you need to whitelist the IPs you will be accessing 3CX from. This is done in the same place you would remove the blacklist entries from. There should be a big button on the dashboard that says 'IP Blacklist' towards the bottom of the 'PBX Status' column.

upload_2018-11-21_10-46-42.png

You can remove the IPs or whitelist them from the Dashboard / IP Blacklist. I would recommend however locating the devices that are causing the issue and making sure that they can authenticate correctly with the PBX to avoid any future issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.