• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Share record across projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Bertrand

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hello,

Is-it possible to record an audio file in a CFD project, and use-it as prompt in an other ?

Regards,

David.

Hello David,

Yes, in a CFD callflow you can record audio and save it to a WAV file. Then, this same file can be played by other callflow, using a Dynamic Audio File prompt (so you create the file path dynamically).

Please note that once a wav file is played, it is cached and will always be played with the original content of the file. So if you update the file, the change will not be effective until you restart the 3CX Queue Manager service.

Kind regards.

Ok thank you, but then it does not meet my needs.

The goal is to record, for example, a message of annual holidays, and this message will be played to the callers. I use global property for routing calls to this message.

Do you know another way? Because of course I can not ask the user to restart the 3CX Queue Manager service every holiday ;)

I'm a beginner in 3CX ! Here may be a simpler way I did not think.

David.

The solution will work, you just need to use a different file name every time you change the message. And you can save the file name in a global parameter for example, so it's very easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itguys04
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.