• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Personal contacts to be uploaded in extension desk phone

saint_

Forum User
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Right now, only the general company contacts are uploaded in the desk phone.
It would be great to have the personal contacts also uploaded in the desk phone.

If there are doubles, then they should be added like any other phone system does it.

Ex:

Simon templar 1234567
Simon templar 8910112

Basic business case is to prevent to have to login into the WWW interface to dial a personal number which we do not know by heart the number.

If a phone number is entered directly into the phone, then it gets overwritten by 3CX company / personal contacts.

Upvote 6
I'm creating the phone book for each user using a small console application and a scheduled task.
I create a Phonebook with the company contacts and the personal contacts and more than one number per contact. In the Provisioning Folder I create a subfolder /Directories and in this folder for each extension a Subfolder with the extensionnumber as foldername. This way I can store a separate yealink_phonebook.xml file for each extension.
But you have to create a custom template and change the phonebook link.
I only have tryed it with Yealink T4x Phones for now.

In the Template I edit the Phonebook link as follows:

{IF network=LOCALLAN}

remote_phonebook.data.1.url = %%PROVLINKLOCAL%%/Directory/%%extension_number%%/yealink_phonebook.xml

{ELSE}

remote_phonebook.data.1.url = %%PROVLINK%%/Directory/%%extension_number%%/yealink_phonebook.xml

{ENDIF}

remote_phonebook.data.1.name = 3CX Phonebook

It would be great if 3CX could do the same or some equal, so that I don't have to develop my own application.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.