• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can't reach management console in Windows 10 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titleguru

Reaction score
For reasons to long to list here I restored my Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit system to a previous version dated 12/3/18 using Acronis True Image Premium 2018. I use No-IP service for a fixed IP address and it's up and running smoothly with the correct IP address. The restore process seemed to go fine with the following exceptions:
1) I could not access any of my profiles because none of the passwords seemed to work. This was a relatively easy fix using Lazesoft Recovery Software.
2) I did have to rejoin the domain with a new profile as the terminal reported that my security credentials wouldn't work. So I created a new computer on my server and rejoining using a new profile.
3) I tried to access the management console using both the http:// and the https:// addresses and get the following diagnostic message:

"Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (insert http address here) is not responding"

The above error occurred whether accessing from a local profile (with admin privileges) or a domain profile.

I've checked the services area and stopped and started the applicable services and even rebooted the terminal to assure myself of a clean boot and service application. The only firewall the machine has is the standard Windows Defender program that has an allowance for the 3CX system. During writing of this description it occurred to me that the problem could be my router permissions. I have a Cisco RV325 router where I've bound the 3CX terminal's IP address to that router. Using Advanced IP Scanner it appears that the terminal has indeed found the router and bound itself properly.

My DNS Server is a Windows 2008 R2 machine with a bound IP in the router. Again Advanced IP Scanner confirms that it's bound properly. That DNS Server gives every indication that it's working properly.

I've tried to access the management console using both Chrome and IE 11 without success.

Right now the phone system is up and running, but I don't have access to the console for upgrades. I'd appreciate any ideas someone might have.

Thx
Allan

Uninstall and reinstall would seem to be the most likely candidate.

Why? I mean with everything else you did uninstalling and reinstalling 3CX would seem to be the easy part

Well you're correct, except that I don't have a backup except what's on the Acronis Cloud site. I could try to just pull that file out of the cloud backup and install it, but that might screw up a simpler solution. Just "overlaying" a program in Windows rarely seems to work because of the various registry entries and other programming inter-relationships. Maybe if I could find a way to backup and reinstall the current program I'd have a chance. I just don't know how I'd do that with not being able to access the management console.

Very interesting. I'll give it a try and check back in with the results. THX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.