• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Failed full Clone Test - Google Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

jreddy

Forum User
Reaction score
I have a 3CX installation on google cloud. Doing the firewall check, it fails the full clone test for a lot of ports. So how do I fix it. I installed it using the guide for Google Cloud. But there is nothing related to this for Google cloud. Any ideas?

Just about all of the cone tests...
testing ports [9000..9398]
testing ports [10600..10998]
testing port 5060 and 5090

All of these failed. I looked at the above forums, nothing on google cloud.

Just make sure you have the port forward setup correctly. The ports necessary are 3CX specific. The concept of port forwarding is not. Here are the ports you need:

https://www.3cx.com/docs/ports/

Google can help you as far as how to setup port forwarding.

This is what shows on the iptables check..

# iptables -S
-P INPUT ACCEPT
-P FORWARD ACCEPT
-P OUTPUT ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5015 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5090 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 5090 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5061 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 5060 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 9000:9500 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m multiport --dports 5000,5015 -m tcp --tcp-flags FIN,SYN,RST,ACK SYN -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -j ACCEPT

still error. The debain installation is not the greatest. I had to struggle to get it installed. Wish 3CX had a simple script like they do for their own on google cloud. So now can some one please provide the exact commands for the iptables? I am no server expert.

Does solved mean you opened the ports on the Google side?

yes...suggest 3cx have this as part of their documentation. I had to go to the Google Console, networking menu. there it shows the firewall options. I added it there, and ran the test again and everything showed green done.

Well I mean that's pretty much common knowledge and it has nothing to do with the cloud. Premise based installations need to configure the firewall as well. That's covered in the manual here:

Select which ports you wish to use for the Web Management console and for VoIP services (SIP and Tunnel ports). 3CX detects whether you are using NAT or not based on your IP. If you are behind a NAT you need to configure your firewall / router accordingly. More information here.

And the 'here' link points to this document:

https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/firewall-router-configuration/

So if you install it in your home/office you open the ports in your Linksys/Sonicwall or whatever you have. If you install it in Google Cloud you open the ports in Google Cloud.

Glad you got it working though. You shouldn't need to touch it again unless they change the ports in v16.

Thanks for the info. I did see that page and a couple of others. However it does not mention Google cloud details. In the section where it talks about popular routers, mention of Google cloud or AWS would be nice. Our 3CX installation will be all cloud based for our customers. We focus on AWS. We have a lot of customers on a multi tenant system and are just starting to get more into 3CX. Going to a 3CX training next week, so hopefully will learn more details. Our long term goal is to automate installations like the 3CX script does. Thanks again.

I can't remember ever having to do this - I thought when deploying to Google cloud via PBXpress the appropriate ports were opened for you...

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution. For your next installation i would recommend using PBX Express as it is not only for 3CX free instances but it will help you deploy 3CX on your own hosted provider (if supported).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.