• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SIP Trunk Provider Modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

architechture

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
What modification to a SIP trunk will cause it to show as:
"You are using Unsupported SIP trunk providers which may cause issues."

I used one from the dropdown and after modification it shows the error above on the dashboard.

Thanks,

So it looks like this problem was caused not by a simple modification but by exporting and importing. I'll test further.

Hello @architechture

Please note that if you import a providers template the system will recognise that as a non supported provider and you will get the unsupported warning.
I would recommend using the 3CX provided template when adding trunks.

On a similar note, we have just become a supported SIP trunk provider, is there an easy way to change from the non-supported, to our supported template, or do I just have to create a new trunk?

On a similar note, we have just become a supported SIP trunk provider, is there an easy way to change from the non-supported, to our supported template, or do I just have to create a new trunk?
You will need to create a trunk to be able to use the new template. Also when a template update is released the changes are not auto applied to existing trunks as we do not want to override any changes the user might have done to the trunk .

Thanks for the update, that is as I thought and have been doing it that way.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Hello @architechture

Please note that if you import a providers template the system will recognise that as a non supported provider and you will get the unsupported warning.
I would recommend using the 3CX provided template when adding trunks.

So, if I export a verified provider template and import it in order to change just the Main Trunk number, it now becomes invalid? Hmmm....

The phone system is not aware of what is imported when you import a template and is not aware what changes were made so the trunk will be flagged as a non supported trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.