• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cannot Access Passive Server On New Lightsail Instance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendelspanswick

Reaction score
We have an Enterprise Licence on our active server which is hosted on UKFast and we have set up a passive server on Amazon Lightsail using PBXExpress and the same licence details.
Everything seemed to go perfectly, the management console opened up, the FQDN switched to the passive server so I opened the licence on the active server and restarted the services so the FQDN reverted back to the active server.
But I can no longer web browse to the IP of the passive server, it just says `Refuses to connect`, I tried from a different network in case I'd been blacklisted but still nothing.
The instance shows the VM up and running, Terminal Window shows the services as running, I've rebooted the instance but nothing.

Solved it, had to go in via port 443 even though the instance has a custom access of 5001?
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Aren't the services supposed to be stopped on the passive server? Honestly it took so long for the fail-over component to come out we don't use it so I've never tested it. Just failing over the VM is much easier and more robust in most cases. Were it active-active that would be another story.

Hello @Wendelspanswick

You mentioned the passive instance was installed through PBX express. In that case post 443 is always used. I see some issues with failover if you are using different ports on the 2 servers so i would recommend re-installing one of the two instances so they are identical.

Hello @Wendelspanswick

You mentioned the passive instance was installed through PBX express. In that case post 443 is always used. I see some issues with failover if you are using different ports on the 2 servers so i would recommend re-installing one of the two instances so they are identical.
Is there any particular reason why the 2 separate installation methods use different HTTPS ports?

At the moment all the services are running on the passive server, is this correct?

Last edited:
s there any particular reason why the 2 separate installation methods use different HTTPS ports?
When you manually install the PBX you can choose the ports you want to use. You can use 443 or 5001 etc. PBX express however uses the most common port for installations which is 443.

At the moment all the services are running on the passive server, is this correct?
Since the PBX is set to passive then not all services should be running. Services like the SIP service, Queue manager service, IVR service, tunnel and Audio service should not be running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.