• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved forwarding rules exceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clément Rousseau

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
hello,

I am searching why, in the extension forwarding rules exceptions, there is no option to just accept the call.

Let me explain the situation :
I am trying to whitelist some DID numbers outside of office hours to a certain extension (lets say extension 3000).
The best I have found is to create a dummy extension (999 for exemple), place the office hours schedule on this 999 extension, and put a exception rule who forward calls from specifi DID whatever office hours are to the right extension (3000).

It works, but it means I have to doube all the extensions where I want to do this and it seems quite painful and not very clean way of doing.
If there was an option in the extension forwarding rules exceptions to just accept the call it would have been more easy and clean.
What do you think about this ? how I can do it in a more proper way ?

regards,
Clément

ps : btw I have a second solution which is whitelist theses DID in inbound rules but that would forward all incoming call from theses specifics DID to a certain extension, preventing them calling another extension. + it make the whitelist on every extensions using this trunk which is something I dont want...until now the workaround I have mention before is the best I have found.

Reactions: Samuel-
Hello @Clément Rousseau

Why not create inbound rules for the required DIDs and use the In and Out of office hours destination? While in office hours the calls will be routing normally while out of office hours to the desired extension.

Hello YiannisH,

thx for your answer but I dont understand what is the difference between what you just proposed and what I have describe in the last part of my message (in post scriptum).
If I create an inbound rule selecting incoming calls (CID rule), this rule apply to all the trunk, not only the extension, preventing the caller to call another extension used by this trunk. And whilisting calls from theses specific DID to others extensions outside of office hours wich I dont want.
If I create an inbound rule selecting DID (DID rule), it doesnt allow me to filter incoming call depending on the phone number of the caller.
thx

Apologies for the confusion but in your original post you do not mention calls coming from specific CIDs. You refer to DIDs which led me to believe that you are referring to numbers that belong to the trunk.
Where do calls go during office hours for these CIDs?

sorry for the confusion, in office hours, one extension receive all calls, outside of office hours, the same extension should receive no more outside calls except 10 calls from specific CIDs.

from 10 specific CIDs I mean of course

Unless i am still missing something then this can be achieved through inbound rules. You can have your normal (DID) Inbound rules directing calls to the desired destination and add 10 CID rules that direct calls from the specific numbers to the right extension depending on office hours.

but then theses 10 CID rules applies to the trunk and not only this particular extension. then theses 10 specifics CID will be only redirected to this extension, preventing them to call others extensions (extensions associated with differents DIDs but on the same trunk) ? where am I wrong ?
ty for your patience, I know my english is very basic, apologies.

I think i know what you mean. You want the specific caller IDs to be able to call other DID numbers that route calls to different extensions during office hours.
So all calls do not route to only one extension during office hours. If that is the case then your current setup is the best way to do it.

thx for your time and patience,
btw meanwhile asking here, I asked too the 3cx french support team and they told me almost the same. They give me another workaround by creating a ring group wich is almost the same solution than mine. The only advantage is to have less extensions in the extensions list wich is little bit more clear.
I will post this feature (in the extension forwarding rules exceptions, to be able to just accept the call), in 3cx ideas forum, I suppose it will be something others will probably ask.
thx again, have a good day

Glad i could assist. A good day to you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.