• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Fanvil X6 not showing group calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryjack

Customer
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Hi.

We received new Fanvil X6 Phones and have a major problem with them. Is there a way to show up the group calls on the display like the snom phones do?

3CX 15.5
Fanvil is on 1.4.4.2
Template fanvil_ph 80503

Thanks for your help.

I have no idea what that means. Can you try explaining in detail or maybe show a picture of what it is you are trying to display?

Hi @cobaltit

We have several ring groups in our company. Some extensions are enabled to "can see group calls" in the settings. The Snom phones we'd used before (D760) had showed the incoming calls from the groups to these extensions on the phone display. The user was able to see the caller before picking up from groups he don't belong to (phone not ringing).

I hope this helps to understand what I mean.

Hi @cobaltit

We have several ring groups in our company. Some extensions are enabled to "can see group calls" in the settings. The Snom phones we'd used before (D760) had showed the incoming calls from the groups to these extensions on the phone display. The user was able to see the caller before picking up from groups he don't belong to (phone not ringing).

I hope this helps to understand what I mean.
Hi Cryjack,
I think you have these numbers (external or local extensional) saved in your Fanvil's phone-book and this is why you can't see the name of the Ring Group on your phones.

The shown display name information is depend to default setting of the phone called - Caller Name Priority.
Different phones have different priorities - The Fanvil X6 first tries to find the number in the local phone-book and show it if exists, if not - it shoes the name that was received in the SIP messages (in your case - the name of Ring Group).

Try to set the Caller Name Priority setting to "SIP Display Name - Local Contact - Net Contact" and, I think, you will see the Ring Group name on the phone:
upload_2018-12-10_3-30-36.png
3cx is not provisioning this parameter, so you can set it once and it'll be saved till the next factory reset. Or you can add it to your custom template.
I think, they do not provision it because the different clients will have a different preferences - one will want to see the Ring Group name, another one - the saved name and etc... So, probably, this is why the provisioning parameter ("<CallerNameType>") for this setting is not in the template.

You can add a post in 3cx Ideas, so they will do this setting provisional. I'll vote for it!

Hi @phonemaster

thank you for your response. I think you are one step further in this issue. The problem we have is, that there is no number shown on the display of the phone when a group is called that I dont belong to, even if this is set to do so.

Let me give an example to explain it. Two cases:
- I receive a call from a ring group that i belong to. My phone and the other ones are ringing just like normal. Everything is fine.
- A call to a ring group that I don't belong to get's a call. On my old Snom phone I can see the incoming call to this group even if my Phone is not ringing. There are just some calling infos shown (from and to). Then I can decide to pick the call or not with the BLF Keys. This is not working on the Fanvil phone, because this info (incoming call to another group) is not shown.

Update.

It's not just the group calls, I also can not see the incoming calls to other single extensions.

Update.

It's not just the group calls, I also can not see the incoming calls to other single extensions.
Hi,
Now I understand what do you want to see, but, as I know, the Fanvil phones doesn't have this type of functionality.
I think you need to ask the fanvil support about this feature.

Hmm. I'm really curious about this. Are you saying with a stock 3CX template and supported firmware you can see information about the calls on the Snom phones simply by selecting 'Can See Group Calls'? I don't think that is the case. AFAIK that right is only just that. It doesn't change any phone configuration. It sounds like you may have been running some custom templates or otherwise have some custom configuration on the Snom phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.