• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Changing Default Extension ranges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Fichera

Reaction score
Is it possible to change the default extension ranges for Ring Groups, Paging, and the Digital Receptionist?
I am running a 4 Digit Extension system and they are in the 8000 range. I would like to change that range. I realize I can manually enter any number I want but if someone else were to come along and just choose the next in the default range everything would be out of order.

User extensions are starting at 0001, can that be changed?

I'm planning on having a few systems bridged and will be calling from one system to another including from the digital receptionist so I want them to be in different ranges.

Hello @Sean Fichera

Please note that this currently cannot be changed as the behaviour is hardcoded into the PBX. You may want to upvote the feature requests @craigreilly listed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.