• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Has anyone got a Cisco phone to work on 3CX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob24h

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone here got a Cisco 88xx series to work on 3CX?
I have the phone working for the main part but sometimes an incoming call has one-way audio, caller can't hear the employee (happens to 1 in 20 calls, rebooting phone seems to solve it for a little while).
All other phones are SPA942 or SPA504 and are working fine so I think it must be a phone setting?

Any help would be very appreciated!

I guess since these are completely un-supported you are doing this manually ?
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

Should be fine to get this working manually, I would try enabling PBX delivers audio on the extension to see if it shifts the issue but I think you would be best off getting a cost effective supported phone and removing the headache - or just go softphone with headset.

Audio problems are usually the result of a network issue. Are these on the same LAN as the PBX? Using STUN, SBC? Same LAN as the sets that work?

@leejor - agreed, I guess the simplest way of proving would be to stick a fully supported phone (like a Yealink) on the network and see if the issue remains.

I would not use the soft client for this test as it does use the 3CX tunnel and you may have segregated networks (data/voice) of which the clients then sit in the data VLAN.

I don't think it is network related as 20+ other (linksys) phones are all working fine.
The firewall on both the pbx side as the office side is accepting all traffic and has no blocks.

A Yealink phone is not an option, it is cheap plastic, does not have our language support and we had too many break already. We would really love to have the Cisco phones working.

Troubleshooting this far shows that the SDP the Cisco offers has this line:
m=audio 64412 RTP/AVP 8 18 0 97 105 99 101 108

I think this is were it breaks as the phones has ports 14050 to 14090 for RTP set up.
Maybe a STUN setting in the phone but I don't know which one.

You still haven't said how your system is set up. Are the phones all behind a router, using STUN? Are they on the same network as the PBX, it doesn't sound that way.
Could there be a conflict with another device on the network?
Is it just that one phone? If so have you tried swapping sets, assigning the non-working extension to another physical phone after a "factory" reset?

Compare a registration from the set with the issue, with one from a working set. Any glaring difference (that there should not be) with the IP and, or port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.