• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Hotel Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith T Atwood

Free User
Reaction score
We've replaced an old Mitel SX200 Hotel PBX with 3CX and are looking for some insight into:

1) PMS Integration for Maid Status Codes
2) Call Accounting

1) The PMS software manufacturer 'Visual Matrix' is a bit unclear on what tcp port their software is listening on. From what I underatand, 3CX should simply send some data over tcp to the IP address of the PMS server on a specific tcp/udp port. They did confirm the status codes are (1) Maid in Room (2) Clean
Is there some industry standard applied here to the listening port?

2) The existing Mitel PBX was sending call records over a serial communication to a DB9 COM port on the back of the PMS server. They have told me they just 'listen' to what ever data comes into that COM port.
Does anyone have experience on how I can send the 3CX CDR's to a COM port on a different Windows PC? Or some other method to get the call records to this PMS server?

Thanks

Thanks, I'll pass this along to them.

Any insight into how we can migrate the call accounting?

Do you know of any windows application that can listen on a given port and retransmit out a serial comm port?

Any insight into how we can migrate the call accounting?

You may have to get in touch with an integration partner to achieve this as per:
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/3rd-party-call-accounting-or-reporting-for-3cx.25958/

I know of 2 companies you can contact:

Insperix in the UK: http://www.insperix.com/
VoIP Tools in the U.S: https://www.voiptools.com/

Do you know of any windows application that can listen on a given port and retransmit out a serial comm port?

That one I am not sure of I am afraid, will try and do a little digging and come back if I find anything.

Ok, so the PMS software company will not be capable of communicating over IP. They lack the basic understanding of how IP functions. I am therefore forced to use serial to communicate with their software.

I believe for call accounting I can output the contents of a txt file > COM1
however, is there any way for me to output the maid status codes out a COM port?

Reactions: mmarks9156
Thanks, I was able to download and test TCP-COM by taltech which does what i need for the CDR's. It will listen on a given TCP port and echo what it sees out a COM port.

As for the Maid Codes, the PMS (Visual Matrix) says that they cannot connect to our 3CX on the port # I gave them. Both systems are on the same network and the firewall is off. I verified with Netstat cmd that 3cx hotelmodule exe is listening.

Is there a way I can test connecting to this port with something like putty just to see if it establishes and I can see some output to a terminal window? So far, I see putty will connect, but dialing *682 from a guest phone does not show anything in putty.

Thx for all you help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norb.p
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.