• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Calls timeout if no agent available

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardC

Forum User
Reaction score
I found this post, and i was wondering if/when this is possible in 3cx?
We have the same issue, our agent sometimes have to set to DoNotDisturb, but definitely will log back in within few seconds/minute.
Now we have set a ringgroup as overflow (destination no answer), however if no agents are available in ringgroup the same problem exist...

I am curious why this is not a default function, or what am i missing in our config? It is not the (or our) purpose to end a call or send to a voicemail if no agent is available. And apparently a ringgroup is also no solution, because calls also get lost / send to voicemail.

Original text in post:
"On my main call queues I have the timeout set at 30 seconds before it diverts to queue 2, but if no agent are currently logged in to the queue then it diverts instantly.

Is there a way if turning that off so the call would still stay in the queue for the 30 seconds? My reasoning is that agents may be logged out of the queue but then could see a call waiting on the wallboard so then could log back on to the queue to answer it."

Hello @RichardC

Please note that when there are no agents logged in to the Queue the call will be forwarded immediately to the destination if no answer. This is the default behaviour of the PBX. The queue manager sees that there are no agents available in the queue and does not know if an agent will log in or not.
You can work around this by logging a dummy extension into the queue so the queue always sees an agent logged in and does not forward the call.

Great suggestion, i will try this out, however this maybe has negative effects on my stats and reports.

So it would be nice if there could be created an extra function which on which "if no agents logged in transfer call after XXX seconds" where XXX seconds has te be lower then the "timeout destination if no answer"

I would recommend posting this as a feature request to our ideas section of the forum https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.