• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

strange trunk not allowing incoming calls occurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyAsche

Reaction score
Hey,

About a month ago I finally upgraded our 3CX from version 12 to version 14 to the latest version (15.5). Because incoming calls did not work I switched back to a backup VM of our PBX (version 12) until I had time to look into this problem.
Last night I found some time and did look into it again and...

Internal calls never were and are not a problem. Nor are outgoing calls.
Incoming calls were blocked though, by 3CX, on both our trunks.
We have 2 trunks to EDPnet, a provider "not-supported" but we had the provider for years on 3CX version 12 without any problem at all.
Both trunks are IP based and provide redundancy.
To get incoming calls to work I had to, under inbound parameters set:
  • our maintrunk: set "call source identification" unchecked
  • our second trunk "call source identification and "use both "call source identification" rules and "caller number/name -> CalledNum" field mappings.
Or the other way around. This way we can receive incoming calls.
But if I put the same settings on both trunks we cannot receive incoming calls.
I did not get to check what happens if one trunk goes unregistered. For all I know incoming calls won't be possible at all either anymore. And this is something I have to test asap.

Is there any reason for this? Or is this a "feature" of sorts?

Last edited:
Sounds like you need to upgrade to V15.5, SP6 as nothing less is supported, your problem may go away after the upgrade.

My bad in clarifying I have the latest version up for download running 15.5.
Will also edit in OP.

Thank you for the effort TBWD, but that only handles outgoing calls.
And incoming calls work at the moment, but only if I have both trunks setup differently, which is why I am wondering if it is meant to be like this.
Both trunks have a different IP-target but both are towards EDPnet.

Is the 3CX Activity Log not able to provide some clues as to what is happening with the failed calls?

Hello @KennyAsche

From your description i am guessing you have source identification issues as you are using 2 instances of the same provider and you probably have the same DIDs under both trunks. So when an inbound call arrives the PBX cannot match the call to only one trunk so the call is rejected. The PBX needs to be able to match the call to one trunk to be able to process the call and route it to the correct destination. By enabling source identification under one of the two trunks you are forcing the PBX to match the call to the trunk with the source identification.
Since i am not aware of how the trunks are setup or what the provider sends in an incoming Invite there is little i can advise on how to setup source identification to get this working.
The best option would be to use a supported provider that has these settings pre-configured in the included template

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.