• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DID not routing correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky Horne

Forum User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have all DID on 1 SIP trunk.
I have individual incoming routing setup so that the DID's go to the correct user extension.
All calls that go to any DID are routed to the main DID number set up in the SIP trunk

Hello @Ricky Horne

If the calls are all routing to the main trunk number that means the PBX cannot match the called number to a DID of the system most probably because the format the provider is sending the number does not match the format you used to add the DIDs to the management console.
To avoid this you can either set up your DID's according to the format that arrives at the PBX or use a * to let the PBX know to match only the numbers after the *. So you can set the number of the previous example as *12345678 so it will match the number if the number arrives as 004412345678 or 4412345678 or 12345678. The * can only be used at the beginning of the number.

I am just waiting on my SIP provider as they are sending the SIP ID in the header rather than a telephone number.

Cheers for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.