• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Two companies using the same pbx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
I have a customer who created a new company (company B, only 2 employees), currently very small compared to the main business (company A , 40 employees). So, it has its location inside the main company bureau, and also, it will share all resources until its grown up (or dead after trial expired) - including the pbx.
That works fine without one exception:
If a call comes in, and it is signaled via the calling group B (new company) and, it is picked up by an agent which is working for company A, and then the call has to be transferred to an agent of company B (the new company), he presses the transfer button. The caller will then hear the MOH of company A, which is not what is expected by customer and company B.
There is no way to create a different MOH depending on the number a caller is calling, nor, the calling group which is called. The MOH is the same across the whole pbx.
I thought about creating a parking orbit: a parking orbit can have a different MOH. Create a BLF for that parking slot on all phones. Then, an agent of company A can push the BLF and, the agent of company B will see there is a waiting call. Not really the same as a transfer, but, the best I can imagine to do
I also thought of buying a new 4calls 3cx License, and, connect that to the first instance, but then, there is still the problem, that if an agent of company A picks up the call and transfer it to company B, the caller will hear the MOH of company A.
Of course, I could just use two separate 3CX PBXs, but then, the advantage that the agents of company A will be available to pick up calls for the small company B is not possible, also, the trunks flatrate for outgoing calls cannot be shared.

Anyone who also has made a similar setup with a good idea what is the best solution?

Thanks in advance.

I assume that the MOH has something embedded (Ads?), that identify the company. You coulds simply go with a generic music, and no Ads.

Yes, of course the MOH has a personalization for company A. I would not say ads, but of course a praise of the benefits company A will bring to the world.
My first proposal was your suggestion. This is a solution, but, as you might guess not what the CEO of Company A desires.
I do not like Ads, but, some personalization of the music on hold, this is ok for me. They have no queue. So you call and, either someone picks up the phone, or, not. No waiting for 20minutes and listening to ads. Only, in case your call is transferred, and that does not take long. A little bit of personalization might be even less boring then a royalty free brain-freezing music.

I still seek for an idea which lets A+B share the same trunk but have a different MOH, if a new 3cx license has to be bought, thats ok.

Can the new company survive on another VM and a free 3cx license?

Reactions: usti
Yes of course, if there is a solution with an additional vm/license, thats fine.

Hello @nobody

You could use another PBX for company B which would also help if the company grows and requires a dedicated PBX. They would have to have a different trunk however and you will need to figure out a way for company A agents to answer company B calls.
Another idea would be to use shared parking if company A is not using them or if you use a generic music for shared parking. Park the calls there using a BLF key and have company B agents pick it up.
You could also use a Queue and have agents from company A transfer calls to the Queue for company B. This way the agents of company B would be polled and you can use a custom prompt for company B. The calls should be transferred with a BLF key however so the caller will not hear the music on hold of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.