• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Queue menu lost after v16 ALPHA Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

DkN

Reaction score
Hello, I am running a 3cx PBX for 3 months so far, as I am interesting on seeing how this will work in production mode, and today after upgrading to v16 Alpha, I lost Queue menu from my 3cx web management console.
My set up was a Queue and an extension only (a Yealink phone) as an agent, logged into this Queue and receiving calls.
So with a few words, a Voip Gateway, all calls to this phone were being forwarded to my queue and an agent logged into this queue answering.
Now if I call the number I get a message that "This function is not available, a key is required for business or commercial use, contact the administrator".
My license is Standard Annual.
Any help will be appreciated.
I also searched a little the changelog to this update and I cannot find any reference for Queues removal or something like this.

V16 is currently in Alpha, but there are some changes going to be made to the Licensing. Nothing is final yet, but you can check out the discussion here where this and other things are being discussed.

Thank you for the answer. This is so bad. Even if this release is Alpha, you cannot just remove a feature like this without informing...

I suggest you read the post, this has already been asked and answered by another user as well.

I've already read that.
The problem is that before upgrading I read the original post here https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/pbx-v16-alpha/
which is not refering anything about this. You cannot release a major upgrade without adding something like this to your official changelog and also you cannot expect from users to read forum topics before updating...
Anyway is there any option for reversing this update, until you decide the "final" changes in licensing?

If you took a backup before upgrading, then you could uninstall V16, then install V15.5 SP6 again and restore the backup you had.

If you don't have a backup from prior to upgrading, I am afraid there aren't a lot of options.
On this, do not attempt to make a backup from V16 and restore it on a V15.5 SP6. This is not tested and is most likely to cause problems.

So i reverted to a previous snapshot (platform is Xen Server, and my 3cx is a VM) and restored to the auto-backup of Sunday and now I don't have incoming calls. Is there anything more that I must do? I mean this is the restoration proccess right ?

So i reverted to a previous snapshot (platform is Xen Server, and my 3cx is a VM) and restored to the auto-backup of Sunday and now I don't have incoming calls. Is there anything more that I must do? I mean this is the restoration proccess right ?

Are you asking 3CX if you did you Xen restore correctly? The supported backup method in 3CX is using the backup tools built-in to 3CX. Backups outside of 3CX are not under 3CX support. As the saying goes and untested backup is not a backup. In theory I can't see how restoring your VM would affect call flow but since you haven't mentioned how you are getting incoming calls or anything relevant from the logs I can't help more than that.

Hello, no I am not asking if i restored a Xen backup correctly. I know I did. Restoring a Xen vm is like reverting to a snapshot, nothing really important. Then after the restoration I used inside 3cx tools to restore this backup. Nothing changed. My Voip provider is there and online and registered, my inbound - outbound rules are there, everything is like on Sunday. I can make external calls, I can call extensions, but i cannot receive calls from the outside world.
Also I called my VOIP provider, all good from their side, they only told me that there is a timeout and problem is on my 3cx server.

@DkN

Sorry I misread the part about restoring the auto-backup. I would start by checking your activity logs to confirm the calls are hitting the PBX.

Btw I forgot to say good for you for having both the VM backup and 3CX backup. Can never have too many backups!

Thank you. I am always snapshoting vms in a weekly basis, for this exact reason. However this time it didn't work for me good :)
Do you know in which file/files these logs are being stored so I can tailf them from console and debug in real time, cause I think refreshing the logs from 3cx web panel is not very convinient.
Also even in debug mode I am not getting any weird log. Everything seems to be working perfect. What I noticed is when i disabled my SIP trunk I got a message of failure, so I'm pretty sure that my 3cx is having the problem. Also I whitelisted my voip provider's ip address, and I even tried disabling iptables completely. Issue still there.
I'm getting lost with this and I think I'll just move to another solution.
I really can't believe that 3cx released an upgrade like this without writing down in their official post about these changes that created me such a major problem in production environment...

Well you definitely shouldn't have upgraded to alpha in a production environment but that's not going to help right now. There's only two reasons I can think of for calls not coming in:

- Network change (IP address) or firewall enabled. Neither seems likely with restoring a VM but perhaps your VM is getting an IP by DHCP and it changed? This would create the situation you describe as outbound calls would work but inbound would most likely fail.
- You restored v16 alpha backup into v15.5 SP6. I think the backup files themselves show the version but maybe restoring an earlier one in case you accidentally restored a v16 autobackup.

Well yes, you're definitely right about the upgrade.
Network IPs are exactly the same (i added the same static IP after the restoration), no dhcp on vlan, and backup restored is 100% v15.5 sp6 cause it's an auto backup taken 2 days ago...
Ayway I appreciate your help so far.

Hmm.. Try running the firewall checker? Besides confirming the ports (which I don't think is an issue) I know there's been cases where certain network bits were missing like the multicast address and running the firewall checker seemed to remedy. Otherwise as far as logs you can just check the activity log after making an incoming call. I don't know what log at the file system level it is because I've never looked.

Ok feedback time for those experiencing the same issue.
Problem was with 3cx auto backup. Don't ask me why, I really don't know, but I managed to find a previous week's backup of the exact same size and with zero difference with the backup I was trying and my 3cx is finally back to V15.5 and fully working.
NickD & Cobaltit many thanks.

Reactions: NickD_3CX
Glad you got it resolved and thanks for updating the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imperial Treasure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.