• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Access to Postgresql database

Status
Not open for further replies.

mear

Reaction score
Hi again,

Can please anyone let me know how do I allow remote access to the db?

I need to add and limit access to only a certain IP.

Regards,

Simple answer you do not access the database, you will not be supported by 3CX

When you say you want to restrict access, what type of access are you talking

Simple answer you do not access the database, you will not be supported by 3CX

When you say you want to restrict access, what type of access are you talking

In reality as 3cx works with postgresql database it is fully supported.

Obviously by default it is only accepting connections from localhost, but this can be changed, read access to the database will not cause any harm to the system, although write should be done with careful as you can be messing around.

After I've posted this, I've managed to enable remote db access on one of my instances.

When I say restrict access, I mean obviously restrict access to trusted IP's as this would be dangerous to have opened to the world unrestricted.

if someone have some interest I can share how to do it, currently I am figuring out where stuff is saved on the database.

It's postgres so there's a thousand articles on how to do that, that's not the point. The point is 3CX does not support anything access the database directly. It's a question of whether its supported by/in postgres. So probably best not to post anything about how to access the database since it's not supported by 3CX.

Hello @mear

As @cobaltit mentioned access to the database is not supported by 3CX so by accessing the database of your system you render the system unsupported so i would advice against it.

@YiannisH_3CX

For sure I do understand the concerns of us changing data we shouldn't on the database, causing various issues on the system.

Although as I said before, we only want to be able to retrieve data that is not present on the CDR file and unfortunately the API doesn't seem to be good enough.

I am pretty sure that other people would like to have the same we are asking.

Unless I am mistaken your first post in this thread states your want to restrict access by modifiing the database - this is not read only

We are all answering your first post

Hi again,

Can please anyone let me know how do I allow remote access to the db?

I need to add and limit access to only a certain IP.

Regards,

Unless I am mistaken your first post in this thread states your want to restrict access by modifiing the database - this is not read only

We are all answering your first post

I didn't say anywhere that I wanted to change data on the DB...

I said I needed remote access to the db and block it to only be accessible by one single IP.

It is done anyway, thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.