• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Garbled call

Status
Not open for further replies.

kflorian

Reaction score
About 15 minutes into some, but not all calls, the audio gets "garbled" on my side...I can't find a better word to describe it....Most of the time I can fight through it, but sometimes I have to hang up and redial. Sometimes a problem manifests on the other side and the description is "I can't understand/hear well."

I am running the latest version of 3CX on a dedicated Intel NUC. Most of the time there is a single active call. On very rare occasions there might be two active calls. There are never more than that.

Using Comcast on business-class account, modem, router, and switch.

Any diagnostics or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Latency : 16 ms
Download: 56.9
Upload:14.1
Packet Loss: 0%

Does this only happen on outside calls? Did it just "begin" at some point? Do you have a second provider to test over? I assume that your trunk is SIP, have you spoken with your provider about this?

I only ever use the phone for external calls..

It's been there in some form since I started using 3CX about 18 months ago. It seems more recurrent over the past six months but it is not new and it's only now that I've been able to make time to address it. The failover has been to redial a call using a mobile phone.

Thanks for the extra angles to review.
My provider is Vitelity and I don't have a second provider to try.
I will check in with Vitelity to see what they say.

Thank you.

Ken

Last edited:
Is it just your phone? If so, may be a firmware or hardware issue with the set. If no one else reports the problem try swapping out the set.

Poor quality audio is normally down to network issues/network design or lack of QoS setup on the network.

This sounds like a network with a very low volume of calls and phones on it however always best to check. This 3CX page is very useful also: https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/bandwidth-utilised-for-voip/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.