• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Logic behind abandoned queue calls for agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

nenglish

Free User
Reaction score
I was under the impression that if a queue polls an agent with a queue call, and that agent doesn't answer, they get charged an abandoned call. However per this thread that's not how it works:

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/abandoned-call-count-in-correct.54075/

"The abandoned call numbers next to the agents are produced when the agent actively rejects the call by hitting decline or because the user has set the extension to DND without logging out of the queue..."

A manager and myself watched a queue call bounce between four agents who ignored it and none of them were charged with an abandoned call. I set up a test queue with two extensions and observed a similar behavior. Only when I pressed the reject button on one of the phones was it was charged with an abandoned call. So based on the linked post this behavior is working as intended and my assumption is wrong.

However this logic doesn't seem intuitive. If agents are purposely ignoring their phones then they should be charged with an abandoned call. This will allow managers to see who is doing their job. We've been using 3CX since v12 and could have sworn this is how it used to work (am I wrong?).

Following up in case this is problem for anyone else.

There's a report that presents this information: Queue Performance Overview. However it would be nice if the logic was changed so that the 3CX app and wallboard also show when an agent fails to answer a queue call (not just when they manually reject it).

Reactions: jmitch11
Hello @nenglish

As far as i can recall this has been the default behaviour for abandoned calls. I understand your point of view however i am sure other users would prefer the behaviour as it is now as there are many reasons an agent does not answer a queue call that is ringing the extension.
I would recommend posting this as a feature request to our ideas section of the forum https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

If an agent is aware of the behavior then why would they ever manually reject the call? If an agent is is logged into a queue then they should be answering calls. Managers should be able to see missed polls from the App/Wallboard without having to run a report. You mentioned that other users would prefer the current logic, but I'm having difficulty coming up with a reason/scenario where a call center manager would not want to know if their agents are answering their phones.

I'll post in the ideas section as you suggested.

Edit: The post is up. If you'd like to see this change the thread is here:

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/unanswered-polls-not-counting-as-abandoned-calls.62298/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantinium
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.