• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Logrotate 3CXConfService 3CXTunnel Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

epress

Reaction score
Firstly I would check a few things as I have never experienced such an issue.

* what mode is your logging set to? Verbose, low etc.

* are you using any unnecessary resources on the server, such as storing call recording direct when you don't have to.

* does your server comply with the supported hardware specifications outlined by 3CX.

Firstly I would check a few things as I have never experienced such an issue.

* what mode is your logging set to? Verbose, low etc.

* are you using any unnecessary resources on the server, such as storing call recording direct when you don't have to.

* does your server comply with the supported hardware specifications outlined by 3CX.

Hi,

1)i've verbose logging active but only with these 2 logs i have this issue.
2) Yes my server complies 3CX hardware specifications.

You should not have Verbose logging enabled constantly it does put a bit of extra strain on the platform.

Other things that would do this are "PBX Delivers audio" on extensions and call recording (which also requires audio to traverse the PBX).

@eddv123

I'm confused on your answers here. The OP is asking about log rotation and your responses seemed geared towards resource utilization. Perhaps you mixed up threads?

@epress

It looks like 3CX just missed including those logs in their rotation strategy. I remember reading that thread when it was first posted but never followed up myself. Not sure why it was closed. I'll check a couple instances we manage to see if we are seeing the same behavior.

@eddv123

I'm confused on your answers here. The OP is asking about log rotation and your responses seemed geared towards resource utilization. Perhaps you mixed up threads?

@epress

It looks like 3CX just missed including those logs in their rotation strategy. I remember reading that thread when it was first posted but never followed up myself. Not sure why it was closed. I'll check a couple instances we manage to see if we are seeing the same behavior.

Thank you very much @cobaltit, i'll wait your result.

I've noticed this behaviour since SP6, because in previous SPs i've never had log issues.

Sorry forgot about this. I'm travelling atm so I'll check early next week when I get back to the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.