• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Management Console colors

cloidhamer

Customer
Reaction score
From the title it may sound like I'm asking to change the color of the MC, but what I would like to see is different colors to denote different status. Right now everything in the MC is either red or green, which to most people means good or bad, normal or error.

When my phones are using a custom template they should show up as Blue for "Unsupported", not red "Error" because there is nothing wrong with them they are simply not supported by 3CX. When I'm using a custom Trunk it should also be blue "Unsupported" not red for error.

When color is used to separate status it should be distinct to the status so at a glance you can tell what the issue is and decide to ignore or take action. When everything is red then there is no definition between status and more time is wasted by admins looking over things that are not in error.

Here are the things that need a defined status color.

IP when using dynamic.
If the IP matches the fqdn DNS it should be green. Red would denote an IP mismatch with the fqdn DNS.

Phones button in PBX Status
Should be Red for Firmware issue, Blue for Custom template
Also if it is using a custom template don't show me the box that says unsupported. I already know that! Take me to the Phones tab.

Trunks button in PBX Status
Same as above Red for unregistered Trunk, Blue for Unsupported Trunk
Same as above with the dialog box. I know it's unsupported take me to the page.

Phones page
Red for Firmware upgrade, Blue for unsupported Template
If a phone is currently unregistered then it should not say "New" it should show the currently assigned extension and be black for unregistered.
Also reverse the bolding new phones not bold everything else bold. When using color bold is better for readability.

Thanks for your time in reading this. I have been a 3CX customer since version 9 and enjoy all the hard work you put into this product.

Last edited:
Upvote 7
+1000 !!! :)

done :)

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.