• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail Transcription page not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory2099

New User
Reaction score
I need to enable voice to text. website directions are down. any hints? have pro.

There is no 3CX answer at the moment. You'll need to either wait for 3CX to work with the new Speech API (or another one) or you'll need to use a service like I used to use that you could send the voicemails to and then they would email back a transcription

Ooh.... Google Speech API in v16? I think their engine is better anyways.

@agp I just read through that and I see that only the 1st minute of the voicemail is transcribed. I don't remember that limitation with the Bing Speech engine. Is this a limitation in 3CX or the Google Speech engine or is it just a safety mechanism?

just read through that and I see that only the 1st minute of the voicemail is transcribed. I don't remember that limitation with the Bing Speech engine. Is this a limitation in 3CX or the Google Speech engine or is it just a safety mechanism?
This is a limitation of the service and how we use it. If you upload the voicemail to google drive you could transcribe longer messages but the limitation is 1 minute for direct transcriptions. Bing didn't have this limitation but Google can understand and transcribe messages in multiple languages.

There is no 3CX answer at the moment. You'll need to either wait for 3CX to work with the new Speech API (or another one) or you'll need to use a service like I used to use that you could send the voicemails to and then they would email back a transcription
Can you let me know which service you use now?

Well now I use Bing Speech since I have an existing account. Before I was using Nexiwave. There are plenty of others out there that offer a similar service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.