• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Tunnel Port Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jörg

Reaction score
Hi,

is it possible to change to 3cx tunnel port (default 5090) to something else, like 80, to bypass restrictions that are applied in some public networks? And if yes, where is the port configured? I am using 3cx on Google Cloud.

Best Regards
Jörg

Hello @Jörg

Please note that you can select a different tunnel port only during the installation procedure. If the PBX is already installed you will need to re-install it in order to be able to select a different port. PBX Express however will always use the default ports.

@Jörg

So I'm not really aware of any "public" networks that block outgoing traffic. Many secure private networks but not public that I've seen. And if you do come across a public network that is locked down that tight I'd imagine they also inspect at the protocol level so attempts to send tunnel traffic out via the HTTP port will fail anyways. Have you actually had a case where the tunnel traffic was stopped/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.