• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Verizon blocking SIP traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Suing

Customer
Reaction score
Good Day All.

I have been trying to get the 3CX app to register through Verizon's service. I have tried iOS and Android. I have tried the Verizon Jetpack (hotspot). 3CX app on the phone display "Disconnected. Waiting for network" No green square in the corner.

The mobile apps' versions are all current. The 3CX system is updated. Firewall checker passed. The Sprint Androids are good. Everything seems to point just to Verizon.

I have been searching for a day and a half. I thought it may have been regarding the IPV6. The answer is not on these threads. Weirdly, even though the phones do not register, the users report that sometimes they can answer a call. Also, kinda weird , a problem android on Verizon will STILL not work when using a Sprint Hotspot. Oh, everything works while on the LAN.

I have some problems here. I have lots of questions and theories. I guess the first question is..... Anyone using Verizon with success? Using the tunnel?

Kindest regards,
Brian Suing

I am using Verizon - used in past without Tunnel - and now with the Tunnel.
App directly on the phone... WiFi at home on Cox, WiFi at work where the PBX is installed, and the Verizon Cell network.
I have done nothing special except provision it via the welcome email.

I am using Verizon - used in past without Tunnel - and now with the Tunnel.
App directly on the phone... WiFi at home on Cox, WiFi at work where the PBX is installed, and the Verizon Cell network.
I have done nothing special except provision it via the welcome email.

Thank you very much Craig. We have since noticed that the phones DO Ring and CAN make calls. The list of clues that do not work is long. No status for contacts (other extensions). "Waiting for network" No green square indicating available. Voicemail and Schedule conference do not appear.
No Recent calls list. No Messages.

Might these clues ring a bell to anyone?

Last edited:
If you can make calls, but have no status this simply means that SIP connects, but MyPhone doesn't. PBX port 5001 reachable from this phone or any PC?

If you can make calls, but have no status this simply means that SIP connects, but MyPhone doesn't. PBX port 5001 reachable from this phone or any PC?

OK... answer. Solved. verizon IP was blacklisted.

I found this (with great suggestions) by using Chrome to attempt to use the web client web page. This tests the 5001 port. When trying to log in, I was informed that the IP was blacklisted.

The fix was to un-blacklist this IP. The problem was that the public IPV4 IP was NOT listed. I actually white-listed the whole Verizon 255.255.0.0 network.

3.5 days total on this. Jeez!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.