• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Incoming Spam Calls in Chinese?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank86

Customer
Reaction score
For a few minutes, our phone lines got flooded with incoming spam calls in Chinese from 202 area code numbers.

I also started receiving emails like this one

Device +12023379085@(Ln.10000@Flowroute) had no available outgoing trunk(s) for Call(857)

Questions:
  1. Anything I can do to block spam calls?
  2. Can I blacklist numbers in 3CX using wildcards? (e.g. *202337* to block 202-337-xxxx numbers?)

Some people have all calls route to a digital receptionist first, this then requires the caller to make a selection ( Thank you for calling Acme Sprockets, press 1 to speak to a representative), which the Spam callers (bots) won't do.

Spammers also tend to change numbers, often, and don't usually use numbers that are actually assigned to them, so blocking certain numbers only works for a short while.

Understood. Anything that can be done on our end to minimize the problem?

Others may have some ideas. I don't get enough that I feel the need to do anything other than hang up, Your provider might be able to help if the Caller ID remains consistent.

We have Nomorobo available on our SIP trunks, you can see if you provider offers the same something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.