• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Web client phone selector doesn't list physical handsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Wagner

Reaction score
Hello,

We have a setup where extensions have a Cisco 79xx handset and in addition some users have also installed the 3CX mobile client.

In the web client page if an extension has registered the mobile client as well as the physical handset then the web client shows the phone selector as online (the only item is 3cx mobile client) and from the web client you can dial numbers, extensions etc. This ring the physical handset and you can make the call from there.

If an extension only has a physical handset registered then phone selector is red indicating no phone to select.

Should a physical handset appear in the phone selector list? Is there some way to enable the click to call from the web client when an extension only has a physical handset?

Thanks
Will

Hello @Will Wagner

Please note that only supported devices that support uaCSTA show up as available devices under the web client. If you are not using a fully supported device then this will not be available under the web client. You can see the list of supported devices here: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

Thanks for the reply. I guess it was because it's not a supported phone. It's just a little frustrating as it all works just fine.

As a work around I think I can install the 3cx mobile client and then remove the app and then the click to call stuff still works with the cisco handsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.