• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Patton SN 4120 compatible firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiscardGP

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi

I have been using this device for some time and its probably time to update its 3CX template and firmware.

My current version of Patton firmware is 6.4 which is 2 or 3 years old, and 3CX has been through a number of updates in that time. The latest firmware version on the Patton Web site is 6.11 released in November 2018.

The 3CX web site states it's templates are to be used with the latest "6.X firmware".

3CX issued a new template for this device in September 2018. Does anyone know which version of firmware this template has been approved for?

Thank you for any responses.

In all honesty the firmware version has not ever presented any issues for me between Patton and 3CX, so I have always used (and recommended ) the latest firmware available - which can always be found here: https://www.patton.com/support/upgrades/index.asp?um=SmartNode 4120

One strange thing I noticed recently was that the Patton BRI variants have fallen off of the supported list: https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

There are still templates in the system however it does present a question as to the future of the Patton BRI units with 3CX - whether they will still offer support and templates going forward - hopefully they will remain supported as they a good units.

The beroNet BRI variants are still on the list so it is not a problem with BRI generally (despite a planned slow migration off of PSTN technology's for the future).

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks for the quick reply to my enquiry.

If there is no approved version of Patton firmware for the current 3CX template, and as the latest 3CX template was release in September, I think I will go for the Firmware 6.10 released in May 18 rather than 6.11 released after the date of the 3CX template.

I see what you mean about the Patton SN4120 Bri no longer being on the supported list. This may be an oversight as template updates are still being issued.

Thanks for your help.

I don't think you would experience an issue with either, the Smartware units are pretty solid with 3CX.

Just as an FYI, going forward Smartware will be replaced with the Trinity OS based variants, these are not supported by 3CX - I know this much.

As for the removal, I don't think this is an oversight as you will notice the once supported Welltech gateways have also been removed from the list also, where the template still remains in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.