• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved 3cx Management Console log in issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy29102

Reaction score
I have an updated system and it is working fine (in general) but I need to change a password for a voice mail. I tried to go to the Management Console using the ip address of the service with portion 5001 (like this but used the ip address instead of server - server:5001/#/login) and get to the console and it wants me to log in. However, it is asking for Extension Number of Username then a password. I have wracked my brain trying to remember it and fail each time. I used username and password in the welcoming e-mail from 3cx but that doesn't work (it only works logging into the 3cx website). I have searched for a default or how to do it and cannot find anything that does not just make me more confused (like references to backups but I do not know how to set it to backup nor a way to see if it backed up anything).

Can anyone give me a clue? "User name or extension" does not refer to my actual extension apparently or does it? Is the password my pin for voice mail? Is there a default? Is there a way to retrieve it?
I have my key from registration and everything else in the welcome e-mail but I cannot find anything helpful.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

So how you get to the instance (FQDN or IP address) is relevant. You can login with an extension if you granted an extension management console rights but typically it would be the username and email address you created at the time of installation. This would not have been emailed to you but rather would have been displayed on the screen after the installation completed with notes say make sure you store this somewhere so you don't lose it.

Hello @Tommy29102

As @cobaltit mentioned there are 2 ways to login to the management console. The first is with the username and password you set during the installation and the other is with an extension number that was granted management console access.
Assuming you are running the latest (stable) 3CX version, try to login to the management console twice. After the second time you should get the "Forget Password" prompt. Clicking that option will send the admin credentials to the admin email used during installation.

Thanks. @YiannisH_3CX I do not know exactly which version but as far as i know it is the latest. However, I am trying to log in from a computer on the same network as the server but not the server by going to serverIP:5001/#/login and it brings up the screen to log in. I put in my extension (which is the main extension) and a possible password and it was denied. Tried a username and password I often use and it was denied (no option for forgot password). Tried again and it was denied and I got the "too many incorrect login attempts" message. Never got a message for forgot password.

@YiannisH_3CX and @cobaltit - I do not know about the initial password. I thought I had written it down but obviously I did not or lost where it is. Is there any way to retrieve it?

Does it make a difference if I try to log in on the server? So far, I got nothing different when I tried to login at the server (using a browser and going to that same IP address) and I saw no other way to start management console.

Thank you both for trying to help (and thanks @Yiannis_3CX since you helped me in the past). This is really driving me crazy and I swear on stacks of bibles and everything else that if I ever get it to open, I will notate EVERYTHING and make sure it is never lost again! It is driving me crazy

As you are not getting the "Forgot Password" prompt i will assume that you are not on the latest version so we will need to try a different approach.
Obviously your current IP is now blacklisted so you will need to use a different PC or change IPs to be able to try again. I would recommend however to try from the PBX machine. You may get lucky and the credentials are saved on the browser? If not search for a backup if you have one. The credentials are in the .xml file in the backup. The default backup location is C:/ProgramData/3CX/Instance1/Data/Backups

If no backup is available then you will need to create one using the following instructions:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/backup-restore-command-line/
Once you have a backup you can retrieve the credentials.

@YiannisH_3CX that worked perfectly. Followed the directions and got the password and username and I have written it down and will consider getting it tattooed to my forehead (or maybe somewhere not easily seen by others).

Thank you so very much and have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday season.

:) Glad to see you were able to recover your username and password. Merry Christmas to you too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.