• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to handle second call coming in when 1st is in use

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigaboy

Customer
Reaction score
Using Twilio SIP trunks with Yealink T48 phones. One of my coworkers, who is a heavy phone user, can be on a call, when a second comes in. However, the other phones in the area ring/flash, but not hers. She wants to be able to place the existing call on hold, and answer the second one.

1) Twilio states they only require the one trunk even for multiple calls, because the one currently in use has been handed off to the 3CX. So how do I make a second "line" appearance on the Yealink without having a second trunk.

2) On the 3cx phone editing screen, under forwarding, I have the "accept" multiple calls checked.

3) What else do I need to do?

You would have to add a second line key appearance on the set. This could be a second appearance of the same extension, or, another, that is in the same ring group. There is another issue however with multiple line sets and ring groups.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/ring-groups.51569/

Or, she could reach over to another desk and pick up their ringing phone :)

In the extension settings under Forwarding rules enable the accept multiple calls options:
upload_2018-12-16_16-17-17.png

@Mwamba

Op already stated that was set:

2) On the 3cx phone editing screen, under forwarding, I have the "accept" multiple calls checked.

Given the description of the issue it sounds like it's a ring group setup which @leejor pointed out the fix for

You could also use the web client to monitor incoming calls to the system. The user can then make a decision if he wants to place a call on hold and pick up the next call using the web client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantinium
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.