• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Makecall not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gav

Reaction score
A strange problem has started happening with our phones.

I can dial an external number direct from deskphones (Fanvil X4) and it works.
But when dialling the exact same number from the 3CX client (in CTI mode) the deskphone will play makecall music for a second or two, then hang up.

See this in event log...

Code:
SIP Server/Call Manager ID: 4101
Extension 282 is unregistered, removed contact: sip:[email protected]:5060;rinstance=1-s3lq1fmraxt48zswxpinmyyxsdscowl4;inst="4B0B7F"

then this...

Code:
SIP Server/Call Manager ID: 12294
Call or Registration to xxxxxxxxxxxxx@(Ln.10000@Gamma (Single Instance only)) has failed. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx replied: 400 Bad Request; from IP:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060

Any ideas?

I don't use Fanvils, I use Yealinks however my experience of MakeCall is that it is only something you would see on a standard supported phone (like Polycom and Cisco) not a "preferred".
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

At least with Yealinks there is no make call, in CTI mode they ring consecutively (not one after another). If this is different with Fanvil I would be surprised.

Hello @Gav

Are the clients and phones in the same LAN? Also is the PBX local or remote to the phones and clients? Can you replicate the issue if you try to call from a web client?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.