• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

What happens when free 8 call licence expires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouSmith

Free User
Reaction score
I've been using a free standard annual license with 8 sim calls that is due to expire shortly and it's hosted on an OVH server.
Since I don't need more than 4 sim calls, will the system continue to run after the expiration date?

Thanks Craig. Do you know whether or not any modifications need to be made to the system?

Thanks Craig. Do you know whether or not any modifications need to be made to the system?
Currently if you are running a free licence then you do not need to do anything once you reach the expiration of the licence. The licence will switch to 4SC automatically.

This pops up as my concern to. As a small MSP local to the area competing the slow game with Avaya dominated contracts (cloud+prem setups) I want to ensure all my current customers that are comfortable on their 4SC are not going to have some show stopper coming in 2019. They aren't ready for the move up yet and currently it's meeting their needs (the 8SC free limitation PBX edition was fine as well for them)

I noticed that for us "affiliates" that didn't have enough revenue or "up-sales" on our account are going to get our accounts removed starting into the next year. So sounds like it's back to having to log into my individual customer accounts to keep track of their information for their current PBXs.

Any comments on that?

Last edited:
Reactions: COM-TEL
Currently if you are running a free licence then you do not need to do anything once you reach the expiration of the licence. The licence will switch to 4SC automatically.

Yiannish,

Two of my customers have received these emails which appear to contradict what you have said...

"Maintenance will expire on 31/12/2018 00:00:00 (+00:00). Renew your maintenance by upgrading your key from here http://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/3cx-maintenance/.
If you already renewed your maintenance and you still receive this message, go to 3CX Management console > Settings > License and reactivate your license again.
If you let your maintenance expire, you will not be eligible for 3CX updates. Conferencing will stop to work and your FQDN will be deleted."

Both of my customers were on the 4 free PBX Express before it went up to 16.

This pops up as my concern to. As a small MSP local to the area competing the slow game with Avaya dominated contracts (cloud+prem setups) I want to ensure all my current customers that are comfortable on their 4SC are not going to have some show stopper coming in 2019. They aren't ready for the move up yet and currently it's meeting their needs (the 8SC free limitation PBX edition was fine as well for them)

I noticed that for us "affiliates" that didn't have enough revenue or "up-sales" on our account are going to get our accounts removed starting into the next year. So sounds like it's back to having to log into my individual customer accounts to keep track of their information for their current PBXs.

Any comments on that?
Seems like that way.
All of my customers are small businesses or sole traders that want the professional PBX experience, hence why I have suggested 3CX to them. None of them require anything more than 4SC at the moment. It will become a nightmare to manage as the year goes on.

Yiannish,

Two of my customers have received these emails which appear to contradict what you have said...

"Maintenance will expire on 31/12/2018 00:00:00 (+00:00). Renew your maintenance by upgrading your key from here http://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/3cx-maintenance/.
If you already renewed your maintenance and you still receive this message, go to 3CX Management console > Settings > License and reactivate your license again.
If you let your maintenance expire, you will not be eligible for 3CX updates. Conferencing will stop to work and your FQDN will be deleted."

Both of my customers were on the 4 free PBX Express before it went up to 16.

I do have exactly the same!!!!
Please advise.

Seems like that way.
All of my customers are small businesses or sole traders that want the professional PBX experience, hence why I have suggested 3CX to them. None of them require anything more than 4SC at the moment. It will become a nightmare to manage as the year goes on.

If they want the professional experience that sounds like a paid license. Should be enough to keep you in partner status no? And if you don't have enough volume to keep in partner status use an Excel sheet and a password keeper? I mean there really isn't much as far as 'centralized management' that the partner portal currently offers.

So extended question what about those of us with 8SC Free PBX that got upgraded to 16SC then reverted to 4SC now saying "maint expiration" on 12/31/2018 and "license expiration" on 1/1/2019? I got a slew of e-mails in my inbox just want to get confirmation :). Thanks!

Please note that free STD licences will renew for another year. If you refresh your licence details now you should see the change.

Reactions: Mark@EvoIT
Hmm, I'm experiencing this same issue, but my instance can't contact the activation.3cx.com server to refresh the license. It's also not responding to pings and I have no firewall rules that would block that. Is there something going on with the activation server?

Hmm, I'm experiencing this same issue, but my instance can't contact the activation.3cx.com server to refresh the license. It's also not responding to pings and I have no firewall rules that would block that. Is there something going on with the activation server?
What PBX version are you running? You can see the exact build number on the Dashboard, under the Information column next to the licence version. For example 15.5.15502.6.

Sorry about that.
Standard Annual 15.5.10244.4 License, When I check for updates, it says "Your system is up to date"

Not sure if this is helpful but I believe the next version of 3CX will have an instance manager.

"With 3CX v16 we introduce the new opt-in Instance Manager to optionally enable 3CX and authorized resellers, securely and transparently monitor or manage 3CX installs on Linux hosts. Inspired by our own internal monitoring tools, managed systems can be actively monitored, checked on resource usage, updated and proactively repaired for commonly faced issues. Enabling the Instance Manager requires no network or firewall configuration and can translate to higher reliability for monitored and managed 3CX systems. We always value your data privacy, so you always have full control of what is transparently shared and managed through this service."

So I ran apt update and apt upgrade, rebooted, and re-ran the update and upgrade.
Still on the same version, and when I check for updates, I only see that there is an SP5 Beta. Is that the only way to get to SP6? I'm not running beta.

Try running it again and check if there are any errors.

Thank you, the repository was the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.