• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Licence and hosting renewal failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Paine

Reaction score
I signed up for a free trial year's with hosting a year ago. I understand that the 3CX license will revert to a standard free one at the end of the year, but had no warning at all that our cloud hosting would be cut off, effectively disabling all out telephone lines. I would have been happy to pay for hosting if I had been asked! Does anyone know whether it's possible to resurrect one's previous hosting instance, or whether the only option is to start again from scratch?

Hello @Edward Paine

Please note that once the free hosting period expires the instance is automatically deleted. The licence will downgrade to 4SC but will continue to work after the one year period. 3CX does not offer paid hosting services.
If you have a backup then you can use it to restore the system either on premise or in an hosted instance you own. You can now use PBX express to restore your backup during installation.
If however you do not have a backup of the system then you will need to start from scratch.

Thanks Yiannish. I do have a backup so will try the process you mention.

I must say I find it extraordinary that 3CX didn't send a single email warning that this was about to happen.

Glad to see you have a backup of the system you can use. At this time there is no system in place to send automated emails regarding free instances about to be deleted. This is something you could request in the ideas section of the forum.
Let me know if you face any issues with using the backup to restore the system.

Yannish, I have a running 3CX now but the Restore button is greyed-out. Can you help me work out how to restore my backup?

Place the backup to the location of the backup folder so it will be visible to the PBX. Then you should be able to restore

I must say I find it extraordinary that 3CX didn't send a single email warning that this was about to happen.
Please note that in the coming days we will begin sending automated emails prior to an instance being deleted.

Reactions: Lee Cramman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.