• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Setting a different ring tone for a specific caller

User346468

Reaction score
Apart from being able to set a ring tone in the Windows client directly and also being able to set its volume (already exists as a separate feature request, please implement and vote on it :)), I would like to be able to set a different ringtone for a specific caller.

In our case the doorbell is also registered as an extension and I'd like to be able to distinguish between a call and someone ringing at the door via the ringtone. Those are two completely different things, but when we are not looking at the 3cx client, we can't tell whether we hear the ringtone because of a visitor or a caller.

I am certain that this would also be of interest for other uses, like e.g. distinguishing between private and business calls, calls from 'VIPs', i.e. people you always accept, and others, etc.

Upvote 9

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.