• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Add dial by extension ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randal Mundy

Reaction score
3CX Noob

Currently running a Google cloud hosted machine and we have the IVR set up for the standard call selections however we were wanting to be able to have clients or vendors be able to enter ext. numbers if they knew them from the main IVR. I have seen several posts about removing this feature in the older versions, but nothing about how to enable it in v. 15.. Is there a way to do this through the manangement console or would i have to modify a file somewhere. and if have to modify the file, where would i access this file in the hosted machine.

I know this is allot of question and Any help would be gratefully accepted.

My understanding is that it is enabled by default. If it is not working from an outside trunk call, try calling the IVR from an extension. and see if it works. Might be a DTMF issue.

As above, it is enabled by default

Hello @Randal Mundy

Please note that direct dialling is enabled by default. If the caller knows the extension number then he just needs to dial it while waiting in a digital receptionist. Let us know if you face any issues with this.

Solved thank you. Was slight delay in the system processing the ids due to the system running at its capacity. Upgraded the server its sitting on and now no issues. Thank you. Now to figure out how to change title to reflet solved

Glad to see the issue has been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.