• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Monitored call divert button on a phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
I guess, this feature which comes as standard with most classic pbx is not possible with the current version of the 3cx PBX?
I want (example) three button on the phone (yealink T58 or T46):
Button1: call divert to mobile
Button2: call divert to internal number
button3: call divert to another external number
If I push the button, it will be lit in red.
If I push another button, it will disable all other call diverts and will be lit red
If I push the currently lit button the call divert will be disabled

The best way I currently can do this is:
I create different call diverts depending on the status of a user
Button one: change status to available
Button two: change status to aaa
Button three: change status to bbb
Button four: change status to ccc

Problem: there is no visual indication what kind of call divert is currently set, there is even no way to get the status using a code, and, I need 4 instead of 3 keys.

I think this is the same problem as the night mode visual indication
https://www.3cx.com/community/posts/258160/

Or is there a solution (which does not involve using a computer or mobile phone) for this?

Hello @nobody

Please note that you need to use the forwarding rules of the extension to be able to divert the call. So the way you currently have it set up is the best way to do it. As there is no visual indication on IP phones of what status is being used i would recommend posting this as a feature request to our ideas section of the forum https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

Where in the filesystem are the files I have to open to rename the status (displayed on the phones)? I guess this only can be done for the whole system not per User?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.