• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Video Call via SIP Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goran Cvijanovic

Forum User
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hello,

Client reported a problem with calls via trunk taking too long to establish, and trunk provider gave us logs that shows our T58V phones trying to initiate a video call via SIP trunk.
I enabled option "Disallow video calls" on each trunk, and while waiting for client to test new settings, I just want to ask is this going to remove that initial delay while phone is trying to initiate a video call, and do I need to disable video calls on a phone directly?
If second option is required, to disable video calls directly on a phone, I have 1 more question.
My company have several T58V phones, and for them I edited phones directly via web interface and disabled automatic video call feature and they now work fine. I'm just not sure if this is going to be overwritten by the template when I re-provision the phone, or that's a permanent solution for my problem?
So idea is to keep phones fast without triggering video calls on their own.
For me, it would be the best if "Disallow video calls" on a trunk can solve this (speed up a process of dialing a remote number), but it would be nice if someone can tell me in advance so I can prepare and connect to each phone directly to disable video calls if that's also needed.

Thanks in advance!

Hello @Goran Cvijanovic

Please note that enabling the option "Disallow video calls" under the trunk settings will stop the PBX from sending video codecs to the provider which should solve your issue.

Reactions: Goran Cvijanovic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.