• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved 3CX PBX moved to new location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt Mullen

Reaction score
As is my custom, I installed and setup the PBX and all extensions at my home and successfully placed and received calls. However, when I moved the PBX to my office location I can not make or receive calls.

All ports are properly forwarded to the device.

I successfully changed the LAN address of the PBX and the WAN facing IP address. The problem seems to be that the 3CX FQDN is still registered to the home IP address.

Is there a way to correct this without reinstalling and restoring from backup?

If I release the FQDN under the 3CX account page, will it renew with the proper IP?

Making and receiving calls should have nothing to do with your FQDN unless you are using IP registration with your trunk provider and gave them your FQDN to send calls to.

As far as updating your FQDN I'm assuming you are using a static IP. So change to STUN and restart the services. Wait for it to update and then you can change back to static IP and restart the services again.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Making and receiving calls should have nothing to do with your FQDN unless you are using IP registration with your trunk provider and gave them your FQDN to send calls to.

As far as updating your FQDN I'm assuming you are using a static IP. So change to STUN and restart the services. Wait for it to update and then you can change back to static IP and restart the services again.

I am authenticating with IP address and the provider has both the old and new IP addresses in their database.

Well IP authentication is just that. So when you send calls out if it comes from an IP address they expect they allow it, if not, they reject it. For incoming they simply send the calls to the IP address they have. Not sure why you would still have the old IP in there so I'd remove that but if that still doesn't work then you have something else going on. That being said up till recently 3CX did not support changing the LAN IP after installation and I've never done that without an uninstall/reinstall so that may be a good place to start.

As far as accessing Debian remotely you would use SSH to access it remotely and follow the steps in the thread you linked (after taking a backup and downloading it).

I have access remotely through ssh.
When I make the backup should I EXCLUDE the license and FQDN settings?

Will that setup process correctly remotely?

It really doesn't matter since you are keeping the FQDN and backing up the license and FQDN will save you a few steps on the restore.

When I make the backup should I exclude the FQDN settings?

Will the information from this thread work?
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/how-do-i-uninstall-3cx-on-linux-to-restore-backup.46572/

And can this be done on a Debian box remotely?

For everyone's information. This thread worked. I was able to remotely purge, re-install and run the setup wizard using command line. This assigned the new LAN IP and the new WAN IP and registered the FQDN with the proper IP with the 3CX DNS servers. FYI I used a backup that DID NOT include the License or FQDN information. I did this because the wizard re-creates this information and I was concerned with overwriting with the old information.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Glad to see the issue has been resolved. However the PBX is now capable of updating both the LAN and WAN IP without reinstalling the system. When the system detects the LAN IP changed there will a notification on the Dashboard what will prompt you to update the IP address and restart 3CX services.
For the WAN IP you can navigate to Settings / Network and set the IP to dynamic. Restart services to apply the change. At this point the system will use STUN to determine its new WAN IP and will update the DNS entry. On Standard and PRO versions the TTL is 6 hours so you may need to wait a while until the change is complete. Once the FQDN resolves to the correct IP you can switch the IP back to static.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.