• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Different inbound/outbound call costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARLEY JAFFE

Customer
Reaction score
Is it possible to specify different call rates and billing increments for inbound/outbound calls? My SIP provider is Flowroute and our Inbound/Outbound rates and billing increments are not the same.

Thanks

I think this is already a feature request but what are you trying to accomplish. Do you doubt Flowroute's math?

I trust Flowroute's math. It would be nice to be able to use 3CX's reporting capabilities as well instead of needing to go to flowroute and download CSV's.

Hello @MARLEY JAFFE

As this is currently not possible i would recommend posting this as a feature request to our ideas section of the forum https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

@MARLEY JAFFE:
In case you want an alternative approach using Call Data Records [CDRs] then you could try this: https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...simultaneous-call-analysis.60410/#post-261182

As a currently undocumented feature on version 2.6.1 of CallSequitur, there is the capability to charge incoming calls on a different set of rules from from outgoing, even though they are on the same physical trunk. This means you can have a different set of billing parameters for each direction: So $rate/minute, duration rounding, minimum duration, call setup costs etc. [so for the case of Flowroute you could implement 60 second roundup for inbound calls & 6 second minimum + 6 second roundup for outgoing calls].

The undocumented trick to doing this in CallSequitur is (and assuming you already have it set up in all other regards):
1) Add another trunk that ends in '*'. So for example if Flowroute was currently set in 3CX and CallSequitur as trunk '10000', then adding trunk '10000*' in CallSequitur would enable a second pseudo-trunk against which incoming calls are automatically charged [without the '*' trunk both O/G & I/C calls are treated with the same single set of billing parameters, though I/C calls can still be charged at a different rate].
2) Define a tariff with a 'Route Dial Code' of 'I/C' for Trunk Provider Flowroute . At the moment all I/C calls would be charged at the same rate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.